tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX - Palmtop ; Hi, I realised there is no codec for tcpmp for playing wmv files. However there is a trick that is to move the wmv file to the quick install window (at the sd card location) and a conversion plugin will ...

  1. tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX

    Hi,
    I realised there is no codec for tcpmp for playing wmv files. However there
    is a trick that is to move the wmv file to the quick install window (at the
    sd card location) and a conversion plugin will convert (there is a message
    in the quick install window saying plugin the wmv to asf that can be read by
    tcpmp.
    This is working on one machine but i can not get it to work on another that
    has the same tcpmp and prc codecs installed.
    Would anyone have an idea on this?
    thanks

  2. Re: tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX

    Wilfrid wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I realised there is no codec for tcpmp for playing wmv files. However there
    > is a trick that is to move the wmv file to the quick install window (at the
    > sd card location) and a conversion plugin will convert (there is a message
    > in the quick install window saying plugin the wmv to asf that can be read by
    > tcpmp.
    > This is working on one machine but i can not get it to work on another that
    > has the same tcpmp and prc codecs installed.
    > Would anyone have an idea on this?
    > thanks

    First time I am hearing about this plugin but, I have been using some
    conversion programs to convert the files from wmv to mpeg or asf. Where
    do you get this plugin from. I also have the TX and I like the TCPMP program

  3. Re: tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX

    > First time I am hearing about this plugin but, I have been using some
    > conversion programs to convert the files from wmv to mpeg or asf. Where
    > do you get this plugin from. I also have the TX and I like the TCPMP program

    I just bought my TX on Friday. I did all of the initial setups last
    night and moved wmv files into the Quick Install window and it worked
    just fine. I'm playing movies as I write this. I didn't download any
    plugins...just used what came on the CD.

  4. Re: tcpmp and wmv in Palm TX

    scoutleader101@gmail.com wrote:
    >> First time I am hearing about this plugin but, I have been using some
    >> conversion programs to convert the files from wmv to mpeg or asf. Where
    >> do you get this plugin from. I also have the TX and I like the TCPMP program

    > I just bought my TX on Friday. I did all of the initial setups last
    > night and moved wmv files into the Quick Install window and it worked
    > just fine. I'm playing movies as I write this. I didn't download any
    > plugins...just used what came on the CD.

    I remember that now. I have not use this feature for a while that I
    forgot about it. I also remember this feature only work for wmv files,
    mpegs are not supported. I have the program that enable my TX to act as
    an extra drive on my computer. I have been using it to transfer all of
    my files onto the SD card. That method has been much faster so I rarely
    sync my device.

+ Reply to Thread