Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment - Palmtop ; My pen suddenly "hits" at the wrong spot. Usually this is fixed with a recaliration. BUT, now I have a HUGE problem. When I click the screen the click is registered 1 cm below where the pen touches. Bacuse of ...

  1. Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    My pen suddenly "hits" at the wrong spot.
    Usually this is fixed with a recaliration.

    BUT, now I have a HUGE problem.

    When I click the screen the click is registered 1 cm
    below where the pen touches.

    Bacuse of that I can't select the menu at the top og
    "Preferences" and thus I cannot select "Digitizer"
    and cannot re-calibrate the pen :-(

    Anyone know another way of getting to this part of
    "preferences" so I can adjust it?

    Maybe a program or something?

    OS is Palm OS 3.3
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605

  2. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    On Aug 5, 11:29 am, Lars-Erik ěsterud <.@.> wrote:
    > My pen suddenly "hits" at the wrong spot.
    > Usually this is fixed with a recaliration.
    >
    > BUT, now I have a HUGE problem.
    >
    > When I click the screen the click is registered 1 cm
    > below where the pen touches.
    >
    > Bacuse of that I can't select the menu at the top og
    > "Preferences" and thus I cannot select "Digitizer"
    > and cannot re-calibrate the pen :-(
    >
    > Anyone know another way of getting to this part of
    > "preferences" so I can adjust it?
    >
    > Maybe a program or something?

    How much wear and tear does this thing have? I've had really huge
    digitizer misses when I've broken touch-sensitive LCDs before, it's
    possible you might have done the same thing.

  3. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote:
    > My pen suddenly "hits" at the wrong spot.
    > Usually this is fixed with a recaliration.
    >
    > BUT, now I have a HUGE problem.
    >
    > When I click the screen the click is registered 1 cm
    > below where the pen touches.
    >
    > Bacuse of that I can't select the menu at the top og
    > "Preferences" and thus I cannot select "Digitizer"
    > and cannot re-calibrate the pen :-(
    >
    > Anyone know another way of getting to this part of
    > "preferences" so I can adjust it?
    >
    > Maybe a program or something?
    >
    > OS is Palm OS 3.3

    If it's like my Palm Vx, then there will be a small hole in the back of
    the case that says reset. If it's like mine, your pen point screws off
    and reveals a pin you can use to put into the hole and reset your Palm.
    This will wipe out your data, but should bring you to the Welcome
    screen and allow you to recalibrate the pen. You can, of course, do a
    sync to bring back the data, assuming you sync'ed before you did the reset.

  4. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    Paul Johnson wrote:

    > How much wear and tear does this thing have? I've had really huge
    > digitizer misses when I've broken touch-sensitive LCDs before, it's

    Looks all OK. Offset appeared over night.
    Found a programs that will start the recalibration at boot.
    Will try that and see if I can recalibrate the digitizer.
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605

  5. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    Brent Riggs wrote:

    > and reveals a pin you can use to put into the hole and reset your Palm.
    > This will wipe out your data, but should bring you to the Welcome
    > screen and allow you to recalibrate the pen. You can, of course, do a
    > sync to bring back the data, assuming you sync'ed before you did the reset.

    I'll try that as a last resort if the program I found will not do the
    trick...
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605

  6. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    On my Vx, there's a Welcome icon at the home page. Try that to recalibrate.

    Ron

    Lars-Erik ěsterud wrote:
    > Brent Riggs wrote:
    >
    >> and reveals a pin you can use to put into the hole and reset your Palm.
    >> This will wipe out your data, but should bring you to the Welcome
    >> screen and allow you to recalibrate the pen. You can, of course, do a
    >> sync to bring back the data, assuming you sync'ed before you did the reset.

    > I'll try that as a last resort if the program I found will not do the
    > trick...

  7. Re: Palm V: Trouble with pen/digitizer adjustment

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:29:27 +0200, Lars-Erik ěsterud <.@.> wrote:
    >My pen suddenly "hits" at the wrong spot.
    >Usually this is fixed with a recaliration.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_digitizer_syndrome

    AutoDigi seems to be the most used utility for this, but it's not
    guaranteed to work. Demo available on their site.

+ Reply to Thread