Car Costings Application - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Car Costings Application - Palmtop ; Can anybody point me towards their favourite vehicle costing application? For the longest time I've been using AutoBase, since my Palm IIIxe. It's been great, it has done what I needed and done it well. But now I'm thinking, hmm, ...

  1. Car Costings Application

    Can anybody point me towards their favourite vehicle costing application?

    For the longest time I've been using AutoBase, since my Palm IIIxe. It's
    been great, it has done what I needed and done it well.

    But now I'm thinking, hmm, wouldn't it be nice...* to have a conduit with
    the desktop machine, amongst other things.

    These other things include more of a detailed look at the consumption.

    Now I've looked at a few applications over the last few days. One, Auto
    Slate, wouldn't run because at some point in the past I've tried it, removed
    it... but it has kept a hidden file on the device so now it says the trial
    has expired. Scrub that idea then.

    Also, I'm in the UK and because of our quaint measuring system(s), it
    needs to accept miles and litres, then show me miles per Imperial gallon
    (none of that litres / 100 km stuff here, heh).

    Otherwise I've tried pFuel, RMRFuel, AutoFile, MileageX, VehicleLog and
    TealAuto. So far TealAuto has more boxes ticked than the rest but it
    doesn't offer a two way easy to use conduit. But I'm still playing with
    them!

    Does anybody have any personal recommendations?

    *"wouldn't it be nice" often results in sticking with what I've always used,
    heh!

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  2. Re: Car Costings Application

    "DervMan" wrote in message
    > Can anybody point me towards their favourite vehicle costing application?
    >
    > For the longest time I've been using AutoBase, since my Palm IIIxe. It's
    > been great, it has done what I needed and done it well.
    >
    > But now I'm thinking, hmm, wouldn't it be nice...* to have a conduit with
    > the desktop machine, amongst other things.
    >
    > These other things include more of a detailed look at the consumption.
    >
    > Now I've looked at a few applications over the last few days. One, Auto
    > Slate, wouldn't run because at some point in the past I've tried it,
    > removed it... but it has kept a hidden file on the device so now it says
    > the trial has expired. Scrub that idea then.
    >
    > Also, I'm in the UK and because of our quaint measuring system(s), it
    > needs to accept miles and litres, then show me miles per Imperial gallon
    > (none of that litres / 100 km stuff here, heh).
    >
    > Otherwise I've tried pFuel, RMRFuel, AutoFile, MileageX, VehicleLog and
    > TealAuto. So far TealAuto has more boxes ticked than the rest but it
    > doesn't offer a two way easy to use conduit. But I'm still playing with
    > them!
    >
    > Does anybody have any personal recommendations?
    >
    > *"wouldn't it be nice" often results in sticking with what I've always
    > used, heh!

    D'oh - I should have said for PalmOS (or GarnetOS or whatever it's called
    these days)...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com