Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop? - Palmtop ; Here's a copy of my log (after Syncing): HotSync operation started for ablang on 03/24/07 14:27:52 OK Quick Install OK VersaMail OK Memos -- Calendar - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may be full ...

  1. Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    Here's a copy of my log (after Syncing):

    HotSync operation started for ablang on 03/24/07 14:27:52

    OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Memos
    -- Calendar
    - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may

    be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the

    desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a

    HotSync operation again.
    Desktop = 6, Handheld = 5
    OK Calendar with 1 message(s)

    OK Contacts
    OK Tasks
    -- Backing up CurrentCarrier to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\CurrentCarrier.PDB
    -- Backing up MultiMail Messages to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\MultiMail_Messages.PDB
    -- Backing up Messages Database to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\Messages_Database.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneCallDB to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\PhoneCallDB.PDB
    -- Backing up PhoneFavorites2DB to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB
    -- Backing up psysLaunchDB to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\psysLaunchDB.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program

    Files\palmOne\ablang\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

    HotSync operation completed on 03/24/07 14:28:06

  2. Re: Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    "Ablang" wrote in message
    news:1174782926.919668.27320@b75g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    > Here's a copy of my log (after Syncing):
    >
    > HotSync operation started for ablang on 03/24/07 14:27:52
    >
    > OK Quick Install
    > OK VersaMail
    > OK Memos
    > -- Calendar
    > - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may
    >
    > be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    >
    > desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a

    Try downloading DBScan from Pimlico's site, scanning the database, resetting
    and Hotsyncing again...

    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  3. Re: Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    DervMan wrote:
    > "Ablang" wrote in message
    > news:1174782926.919668.27320@b75g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Here's a copy of my log (after Syncing):
    > >
    > > HotSync operation started for ablang on 03/24/07 14:27:52
    > >
    > > OK Quick Install
    > > OK VersaMail
    > > OK Memos
    > > -- Calendar
    > > - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may
    > >
    > > be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    > >
    > > desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a

    > Try downloading DBScan from Pimlico's site, scanning the database, resetting
    > and Hotsyncing again...

    > http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

    Why? What's the point of this advice? Please explain.

    My question. How many calendar entries do you have? Maybe it's time to stop
    using the Pam DeskTop application? I never use it, my Palm calendar has over
    3000 enries, and all is OK. I use MIssingSync and only the Palm ===> DeskTop
    direction.

    /PaulN

  4. Re: Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    "Paul Nevai" wrote in message
    > DervMan wrote:
    >> "Ablang" wrote in message
    >> news:1174782926.919668.27320@b75g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    >> > Here's a copy of my log (after Syncing):
    >> >
    >> > HotSync operation started for ablang on 03/24/07 14:27:52
    >> >
    >> > OK Quick Install
    >> > OK VersaMail
    >> > OK Memos
    >> > -- Calendar
    >> > - Some handheld records were not copied to your PC. Your computer may
    >> >
    >> > be full or you may have reached the maximum allowed records on the
    >> >
    >> > desktop. To correct this situation, delete some records and perform a

    >> Try downloading DBScan from Pimlico's site, scanning the database,
    >> resetting
    >> and Hotsyncing again...

    >> http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

    > Why? What's the point of this advice? Please explain.

    Depending on the device, I have between zero and twelve thousand *grin*
    DateBk entries. One of my devices gave the very same error as above.
    Endless problems... I tried overwriting one machine, then the other, no
    solution.

    It turned out that a corrupt entry in the database on the Palm was causing
    an issue. DbScan found the problem, cured it, job done.

    Then I tried DateBk+.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  5. Re: Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    DervMan wrote:

    > Depending on the device, I have between zero and twelve thousand *grin*
    > DateBk entries. One of my devices gave the very same error as above.
    > Endless problems... I tried overwriting one machine, then the other, no
    > solution.

    > It turned out that a corrupt entry in the database on the Palm was causing
    > an issue. DbScan found the problem, cured it, job done.

    Thanks for the explanation. Very interesting. I never expected such an error
    message after a corrupted record. I know of errors when there are "too many"
    records which, of course, is a Palm bug [or design flaw], since there can be
    64K valid records unless the number is artificially restricted on some of the
    Treos.

    /PaulN

  6. Re: Palm Treo 650 problem - maximum allowed records on the desktop?

    "Paul Nevai" wrote in message
    > DervMan wrote:
    >
    >> Depending on the device, I have between zero and twelve thousand *grin*
    >> DateBk entries. One of my devices gave the very same error as above.
    >> Endless problems... I tried overwriting one machine, then the other, no
    >> solution.

    >> It turned out that a corrupt entry in the database on the Palm was
    >> causing
    >> an issue. DbScan found the problem, cured it, job done.

    > Thanks for the explanation. Very interesting. I never expected such an
    > error
    > message after a corrupted record. I know of errors when there are "too
    > many"
    > records which, of course, is a Palm bug [or design flaw], since there can
    > be
    > 64K valid records unless the number is artificially restricted on some of
    > the
    > Treos.

    It didn't make sense to me either, which is why I battled on with a problem
    for the longest time.

    I have also had a corrupt PST file synchronise to the Palm device, then
    cause crashes and hangs here - DbScan helped solve that problem too.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

+ Reply to Thread