On my Verizon Treo 700W I programmed the side button when held in to
turn on Voice Command. Great, now with the phone in my lap and the
Bluetooth headset in my ear, I can hold the side button, say "Call
so-and-so" (via the phone's mike, since Voice Control doesn't work
through Bluetooth), and it hears me from two feet away from my mouth,
and I can hear it respond for confirmation.

But then I put it in my belt holder, keyboard facing toward me, and
found that once it goes to sleep, the side button has no effect until I
pull the Treo back out of the holder and wake it. Suboptimal behavior.

Is there any way to configure this device to wake when the side button
is pressed?