Conduit that will sync a Palm with Windows Vista? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Conduit that will sync a Palm with Windows Vista? - Palmtop ; Hello, Anyone know of a conduit that will allow a Palm Zire72 to sync with Windows Vista? I've got a Zire72 and Vista Home Premium and I'm sure the PocketPC has the ability to sync with Vista's Calendar and Contacts, ...

  1. Conduit that will sync a Palm with Windows Vista?

    Hello,

    Anyone know of a conduit that will allow a Palm Zire72 to sync with Windows
    Vista?

    I've got a Zire72 and Vista Home Premium and I'm sure the PocketPC has the
    ability to sync with Vista's Calendar and Contacts, but can the Palm do the
    same?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

  2. Re: Conduit that will sync a Palm with Windows Vista?

    In article , Jeff Ingram says...

    > Hello,
    >
    > Anyone know of a conduit that will allow a Palm Zire72 to sync with Windows
    > Vista?
    >
    > I've got a Zire72 and Vista Home Premium and I'm sure the PocketPC has the
    > ability to sync with Vista's Calendar and Contacts, but can the Palm do the
    > same?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    Palm Desktop versions 4.1.4e and 4.2 will install on Windows Vista and
    will synchronize Personal Information Manager (PIM) items including
    Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos.

    --
    Jim Anderson
    ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

  3. Re: Conduit that will sync a Palm with Windows Vista?

    Ok, but I can't get Palm Desktop installed without getting the following
    error message:

    Internal Error 2738

    I click OK and it ends the installation process. I've got Windows Vista
    Home Edition Premium. I've also looked up the error message and followed
    the Microsoft technote that suggests downloading and installing a file:

    So I download and install the file and attempt the install again, but I
    still get the identical error message. So that's why I was wondering if
    Vista could sync my Palm with it's built in Sync Center.

    I can see my Zire72 under device manager, but it's got a question mark next
    to it (probably because Vista recognizes it, but doesn't have a driver for
    it).

    Are there other free conduits out there that will synch a Palm Zire 72? Or
    does someone have a solution that will work to get Palm Desktop installed.
    I'm dyin' here!

    Thanks for the help,

    Jeff

    "Jim Anderson" wrote in message
    news:MPG.205e65474a531502989738@news.frontiernet.n et...
    > In article , Jeff Ingram says...
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a conduit that will allow a Palm Zire72 to sync with
    >> Windows
    >> Vista?
    >>
    >> I've got a Zire72 and Vista Home Premium and I'm sure the PocketPC has
    >> the
    >> ability to sync with Vista's Calendar and Contacts, but can the Palm do
    >> the
    >> same?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > Palm Desktop versions 4.1.4e and 4.2 will install on Windows Vista and
    > will synchronize Personal Information Manager (PIM) items including
    > Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos.
    >

    > --
    > Jim Anderson
    > ( 8(|) To eMail me, just pull "my_finger"

+ Reply to Thread