How to connect Palm TX to PEAP WiFi? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How to connect Palm TX to PEAP WiFi? - Palmtop ; My workplace network uses a WPA/PEAP wireless network that also uses a Thawte server certificate. I am trying to use a Palm TX with TXsecurity update to connect to this network. However, the first step in this is to create ...

  1. How to connect Palm TX to PEAP WiFi?

    My workplace network uses a WPA/PEAP wireless network that also uses a
    Thawte server certificate. I am trying to use a Palm TX with TXsecurity
    update to connect
    to this network. However, the first step in this is to create a profile that
    turns out
    to require a file for the Thawte certificate. I have no idea where to get
    such a file.
    Is anyone in a similar situation and solved the problem? If so, would you
    please share
    the solution? Thanks in advance.

    H. Nakanishi
    hisao@purdue.edu

  2. Re: How to connect Palm TX to PEAP WiFi?

    OK, I am replying to myself since I solved the problem.
    The problem was that the profile creating utility that is included
    in the TX ESU (Enterprise Security Update) does not contain a
    list of CA's from which to select the server certificate for the
    device to accept when presented by the server. In my case, I
    needed to "select" Thawte Premium Server CA". The solution
    is to go to the Thawte web site => Repository, and download
    the corresponding certificate file and use it in the profile creating
    tool. This resolved the issue - in case anyone else is in the same
    or similar boat.

    H. Nakanishi

    "Hisao Nakanishi" wrote in message
    > My workplace network uses a WPA/PEAP wireless network that also uses a
    > Thawte server certificate. I am trying to use a Palm TX with TXsecurity
    > update to connect
    > to this network. However, the first step in this is to create a profile
    > that turns out
    > to require a file for the Thawte certificate. I have no idea where to get
    > such a file.
    > Is anyone in a similar situation and solved the problem? If so, would you
    > please share
    > the solution? Thanks in advance.
    >
    > H. Nakanishi
    > hisao@purdue.edu