Handspring Visor Deluxe: can I add more (flash) memory? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Handspring Visor Deluxe: can I add more (flash) memory? - Palmtop ; Hello, A friend of mine recently give me his Handspring Visor Deluxe, (running Palm OS v.3.1H3) which has whole 8 Megs of memory. Since I can get many Megs more of flash memory these days very cheapy (I got a ...

  1. Handspring Visor Deluxe: can I add more (flash) memory?

    Hello,

    A friend of mine recently give me his Handspring Visor Deluxe,
    (running Palm OS v.3.1H3)
    which has whole 8 Megs of memory.

    Since I can get many Megs more of flash memory these days
    very cheapy (I got a 512 Meg memory stick recently at Fry's for only 4
    bucks)
    I was wondering, can I buy more memory for it (flash?),
    using the connector under the cover in the top back?

    Thanks,
    John

  2. Re: Handspring Visor Deluxe: can I add more (flash) memory?

    jswatson@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > A friend of mine recently give me his Handspring Visor Deluxe,
    > (running Palm OS v.3.1H3)
    > which has whole 8 Megs of memory.
    >
    > Since I can get many Megs more of flash memory these days
    > very cheapy (I got a 512 Meg memory stick recently at Fry's for only 4
    > bucks)
    > I was wondering, can I buy more memory for it (flash?),
    > using the connector under the cover in the top back?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John

    You can use a Springboard expansion module like the MemPlug I have in
    mine that takes CF cards. I suspect there are limits on how big a CF
    card it can handle due to the age of that version of Palm OS, but no
    idea what.

    HTH,
    ROC

+ Reply to Thread