closest thing to a HP LX palmtop today? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on closest thing to a HP LX palmtop today? - Palmtop ; I need a device that fits in a pocket and can be conveniently used for SSH/Telnet over 802.11b/g. Is there anything available which fits the bill? I like the features on Pocket PCs, but I the lack of a keyboard ...

  1. closest thing to a HP LX palmtop today?

    I need a device that fits in a pocket and can be conveniently used for
    SSH/Telnet over 802.11b/g. Is there anything available which fits the
    bill?

    I like the features on Pocket PCs, but I the lack of a keyboard makes
    them more or less useless to me.

  2. Re: closest thing to a HP LX palmtop today?

    Hi,
    I have the HP 100LX. Nothing comes close today.
    I also have a Zaurus C-1000. It has a keyboard. You can telnet. I don't use
    SSH, but it seems to be available.
    read more here:
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/Sharp-Zaurus-C3200.htm
    I use the Ambicom C1000 802.11b CF card. To find a 802.11g card might be a
    problem.
    I have the Linksys 54G CF card for my iPAQ, but there is no driver for the
    Zaurus.
    Good luck.
    Klaus Ernst
    "Bill J." wrote in message
    news:1172852866.031238.184150@p10g2000cwp.googlegr oups.com...
    > I need a device that fits in a pocket and can be conveniently used for
    > SSH/Telnet over 802.11b/g. Is there anything available which fits the
    > bill?
    >
    > I like the features on Pocket PCs, but I the lack of a keyboard makes
    > them more or less useless to me.

  3. Re: closest thing to a HP LX palmtop today?

    Yes, if you can take a Sir address yourself I found the link from
    sitemap at mobiletechreview. SITEMAP.

    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/linux.htm

    That is a lot of techwork for me. Afterwards you mention the cards
    but I have no technique or experience. Sorry.
    Thank you.