utility to keep palm on - Palmtop

This is a discussion on utility to keep palm on - Palmtop ; Hello, I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am not worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in ...

  1. utility to keep palm on

    Hello,
    I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am
    not worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the
    charger when I am at work. Thanks.

  2. Re: utility to keep palm on

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 01:30:00 -0800, Kristine wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    > currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am not
    > worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the charger when I
    > am at work. Thanks.

    The "Power" preference has the option "On while Charging".

    Have not tested it, but that sure looks like it would do what you want.

    --
    Doug Herr
    doug*at*wombatz*dot*com

  3. Re: utility to keep palm on

    Kristine wrote:

    > I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    > currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am
    > not worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the
    > charger when I am at work.

    I'm fairly certain there's an "On when plugged in" option built in that does
    this for you.

  4. Re: utility to keep palm on

    In message Doug Herr
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 01:30:00 -0800, Kristine wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    >> currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am not
    >> worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the charger when I
    >> am at work. Thanks.

    >The "Power" preference has the option "On while Charging".
    >
    >Have not tested it, but that sure looks like it would do what you want.

    It does, but only on if you don't also have any form of automatic lock
    after being off feature set. For whatever reason, Palm won't give you
    the ability to say "Lock after being off for 5 minutes" AND "Don't turn
    off if plugged in" at the same time.
    --
    Insert something clever here.

  5. Re: utility to keep palm on

    Kristine wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    > currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am
    > not worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the
    > charger when I am at work. Thanks.

    Try AlwaysOn.prc from www.persicke.de
    Jan

  6. Re: utility to keep palm on

    Kristine wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I am looking for a utility to override the automatic off feature. I
    > currently have a Tungsten E and will be purchasing a T|X shortly. I am
    > not worried about the battery drain as I keep it plugged in the
    > charger when I am at work. Thanks.

    Get my pToolSet and install nothing but pInfoTool. Then launch it. It's fully
    functional even in the demo version. /PaulN [the usual smallprint...]

+ Reply to Thread