DST Updater released - Palmtop

This is a discussion on DST Updater released - Palmtop ; I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm updater for the changed DST rules from next month. It is now available for download from http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html Andrew -- Email address ROT-13 encoded to reduce unsolicited bulk and commercial ...

  1. DST Updater released

    --
    Email address ROT-13 encoded to reduce unsolicited bulk
    and commercial Email

    naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg

  2. Re: DST Updater released

    In article ,
    Andrew Steele ROT-13 encoded wrote:

    > I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm
    > updater for the changed DST rules from next month.
    >
    > It is now available for download from
    >
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
    >
    > Andrew

    I see that this download isn't available for my Palm Zire 71. What do
    people in this situation do? Can I simply rely on Datebk6 to do it for
    me?

    --
    Sandy
    sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)

  3. Re: DST Updater released

    Thanks for the tip. I am surprised Treo 680 needed an update. I thought
    DST was known for a long time.

    --
    "The constant creeping of ants will wear away the stone." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

  4. Re: DST Updater released

    Hi,

    Ant wrote:
    > Thanks for the tip. I am surprised Treo 680 needed an update. I thought
    > DST was known for a long time.
    >
    > In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Andrew Steele ROT-13 encoded wrote:
    >> I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm
    >> updater for the changed DST rules from next month.

    >> It is now available for download from

    >> http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html

    >> Andrew

    The law in the US just changed. You'd think they'd be clever and choose
    the same dates as in Europe, but that would have been too simple...

    So now the dates are still not the same than in Europe, and additionally
    you need an update.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]
    Software engineering, Blog: http://www.galasoft-LB.ch

  5. Re: DST Updater released

    On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:12:16 GMT, Sandy Foster
    wrote:

    >In article ,
    > Andrew Steele ROT-13 encoded wrote:
    >
    >> I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm
    >> updater for the changed DST rules from next month.
    >>
    >> It is now available for download from
    >>
    >> http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
    >>
    >> Andrew

    >I see that this download isn't available for my Palm Zire 71. What do
    >people in this situation do? Can I simply rely on Datebk6 to do it for
    >me?

    It doesn't say so on the DST download page, but if you go to the Zire
    download page, it says the Zire 71 uses the updater:

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...re.html#zire71

    That was enough for me, so I tried it on my Zire 71, and it worked
    like a charm.

    Chuck
    --
    http://drchuck1968.livejournal.com

  6. Re: DST Updater released

    In article <2c53u29p1fm30kv5jpnda2q6ctechrp1a4@4ax.com>,
    Chuck wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:12:16 GMT, Sandy Foster
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article ,
    > > Andrew Steele ROT-13 encoded wrote:
    > >
    > >> I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm
    > >> updater for the changed DST rules from next month.
    > >>
    > >> It is now available for download from
    > >>
    > >> http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html
    > >>
    > >> Andrew

    > >I see that this download isn't available for my Palm Zire 71. What do
    > >people in this situation do? Can I simply rely on Datebk6 to do it for
    > >me?

    > It doesn't say so on the DST download page, but if you go to the Zire
    > download page, it says the Zire 71 uses the updater:
    >
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...re.html#zire71
    >
    > That was enough for me, so I tried it on my Zire 71, and it worked
    > like a charm.
    >
    > Chuck
    > --
    > http://drchuck1968.livejournal.com

    Thanks, Chuck. I'll take a look.

    --
    Sandy
    sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
    http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

  7. Re: DST Updater released

    Does anyone know why the instructions for the PRC and Windows
    installation/sync state that we should not update our supported PalmOS
    devices unless we've already updated our Windows OS with the 2 Microsoft
    patches for DST?

    news:6b2dnZivz54qKX3YnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@mminternet.n et...

    wrote:
    > > I've noted many different threads about the availability of a Palm
    > > updater for the changed DST rules from next month.

    > > It is now available for download from

    > > http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/dst.html

    > > Andrew

    > --
    > "The constant creeping of ants will wear away the stone." --unknown
    > /\___/\
    > / /\ /\ \ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
    > | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
    > \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
    > ( )

  8. Re: DST Updater released

    Hi,

    Harry Eugene Ly wrote:
    > Does anyone know why the instructions for the PRC and Windows
    > installation/sync state that we should not update our supported PalmOS
    > devices unless we've already updated our Windows OS with the 2 Microsoft
    > patches for DST?

    Because otherwise there is a risk that the PC you sync to has a
    different time than the PDA.

    HTH,
    Laurent