Palm ZIre 72 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm ZIre 72 - Palmtop ; Hi, I have a Palm Zire 72 and, due to somehow bending the pin of the power connector, need to open the unit up. Can anyone please advise what size screwdriver (torx I presume) I need and where I may ...

  1. Palm ZIre 72

    Hi,

    I have a Palm Zire 72 and, due to somehow bending the pin of the power
    connector, need to open the unit up.

    Can anyone please advise what size screwdriver (torx I presume) I need
    and where I may obtain one?

    --
    Cheers

    Peter

    Please remove the invalid to reply

  2. Re: Palm ZIre 72

    Peter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Palm Zire 72 and, due to somehow bending the pin of the power
    > connector, need to open the unit up.
    >
    > Can anyone please advise what size screwdriver (torx I presume) I need
    > and where I may obtain one?

    I know it might sound strange, but if you are in the US, go to your
    nearest ACE Hardware store.

  3. Re: Palm ZIre 72

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:18:29 -0500, JDa™©
    wrote:

    >Peter wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a Palm Zire 72 and, due to somehow bending the pin of the power
    >> connector, need to open the unit up.
    >>
    >> Can anyone please advise what size screwdriver (torx I presume) I need
    >> and where I may obtain one?
    >>

    >I know it might sound strange, but if you are in the US, go to your
    >nearest ACE Hardware store.

    No, I'm in the UK - obviously cheaper to buy a new Zire than pay the
    airfare :-)

    Do they sell on-line? And do you know what screwdriver I need?

    --
    Cheers

    Peter

    Please remove the invalid to reply

  4. Re: Palm ZIre 72

    Peter wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:18:29 -0500, JDa™©
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Peter wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Palm Zire 72 and, due to somehow bending the pin of the power
    >>> connector, need to open the unit up.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone please advise what size screwdriver (torx I presume) I need
    >>> and where I may obtain one?
    >>>

    >> I know it might sound strange, but if you are in the US, go to your
    >> nearest ACE Hardware store.

    > No, I'm in the UK - obviously cheaper to buy a new Zire than pay the
    > airfare :-)
    >
    > Do they sell on-line? And do you know what screwdriver I need?

    Yes, ACE does have a web site, but most any hardware store should carry
    the different torx wrenches. If not a hardware store, then a auto parts
    store. I would take it with you to what ever store, that way you can
    compare for size.

  5. Re: Palm ZIre 72

    On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:15:39 -0500, JDa™©
    wrote:

    >Peter wrote:
    >> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:18:29 -0500, JDa™©
    >> wrote:

    >>> I know it might sound strange, but if you are in the US, go to your
    >>> nearest ACE Hardware store.

    >> No, I'm in the UK - obviously cheaper to buy a new Zire than pay the
    >> airfare :-)
    >>
    >> Do they sell on-line? And do you know what screwdriver I need?
    >>

    >Yes, ACE does have a web site, but most any hardware store should carry
    >the different torx wrenches. If not a hardware store, then a auto parts
    >store. I would take it with you to what ever store, that way you can
    >compare for size.

    Many thanks
    --
    Cheers