Versamail and IMAP - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Versamail and IMAP - Palmtop ; Hi, I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail - Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked ...

  1. Versamail and IMAP

    Hi,

    I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only
    recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail

    - Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked the Sync
    IMAP Folders option?
    - Does not display the custom folders available on the server on my Palm (I
    do not find any options to subscribe to folders in the client)?

    I am running VM 2.6.1.

    Cheers, Thorbjorn

  2. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In message <960e7$45db5605$54d108cf$1807@news.chello.no> "Thorbjorn
    Sundboe" wrote:

    >I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only
    >recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail
    >
    >- Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked the Sync
    >IMAP Folders option?
    >- Does not display the custom folders available on the server on my Palm (I
    >do not find any options to subscribe to folders in the client)?
    >
    >I am running VM 2.6.1.

    Mostly because Versamail is pretty much just a bad IMAP client.
    --
    Insert something clever here.

  3. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    You owe it to yourself to check out Chatteremail .. the champion of IMAP
    clients.

    http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...tpage&Itemid=1

    Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only
    > recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail
    >
    > - Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked the Sync
    > IMAP Folders option?
    > - Does not display the custom folders available on the server on my Palm (I
    > do not find any options to subscribe to folders in the client)?
    >
    > I am running VM 2.6.1.
    >
    > Cheers, Thorbjorn

  4. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    > You owe it to yourself to check out Chatteremail .. the champion of IMAP
    > clients.

    Thanks to both of you, I get the point...I am a little bit weary of
    investing more in SW for my T3 now since I have grown out of it and have
    been waiting for a new acceptable device for some time...it is becoming more
    and more evident that the device will not come from Palm (sadly since I have
    been a Palm user since the Professional with a US Robotics logo). I would
    like to upgrade to a Linux device, but it seems I might have to live with
    Win Mobile 5/6 the next couple of years until Linux has become more mature
    on small devices...(sorry for swearing in the church)...as you probably
    noticed, I did not mention anything about PalmOS and my opinions on its
    future, at least not explicitly :-)

    Cheers, Thorbjorn

  5. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In article <960e7$45db5605$54d108cf$1807@news.chello.no>,
    "Thorbjorn Sundboe" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only
    > recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail
    >
    > - Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked the Sync
    > IMAP Folders option?

    Dunno, mine doesn't either!

    > - Does not display the custom folders available on the server on my Palm (I
    > do not find any options to subscribe to folders in the client)?

    Sync Server Folders ( /L ) shows you the list, but I have found it has
    problems with the length of the mailboxes (since you can't put a root
    folder in) and sometimes doesn't show the whole list.

    > I am running VM 2.6.1.

    V3.1c on my TX.

    I looked at SnapperMail but you need the Enterprise version to use IMAP
    and that costs $59.99!!!

    Dave

    --
    Dave Hill - dave _ _ news at hillcroft dot org dot uk
    Kempston, Bedford

  6. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    > I looked at SnapperMail but you need the Enterprise version to use IMAP
    > and that costs $59.99!!!

    See Aloke's posting in same thread, Chattermail seems to be a cheaper (and
    maybe better?) option at $39.95.

    Cheers, Thorbjorn

  7. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In message <6928c$45dc9d0f$54d108cf$31694@news.chello.no> "Thorbjorn
    Sundboe" wrote:

    >> I looked at SnapperMail but you need the Enterprise version to use IMAP
    >> and that costs $59.99!!!

    >See Aloke's posting in same thread, Chattermail seems to be a cheaper (and
    >maybe better?) option at $39.95.

    Substantially better if you have a always-on connection, significantly
    better if you are only online on demand.
    --
    Insert something clever here.

  8. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    And, the developer is very responsive. If you e-mail him with a problem
    or question, he'll respond within the hour (or sooner).

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <6928c$45dc9d0f$54d108cf$31694@news.chello.no> "Thorbjorn
    > Sundboe" wrote:
    >
    >>> I looked at SnapperMail but you need the Enterprise version to use IMAP
    >>> and that costs $59.99!!!

    >> See Aloke's posting in same thread, Chattermail seems to be a cheaper (and
    >> maybe better?) option at $39.95.

    > Substantially better if you have a always-on connection, significantly
    > better if you are only online on demand.

  9. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In message <45dd0b38$0$16941$4c368faf@roadrunner.com> Aloke Prasad
    wrote:

    >And, the developer is very responsive. If you e-mail him with a problem
    >or question, he'll respond within the hour (or sooner).

    Yup. He even helped me get Chatter up and running on a T|X, an
    officially not supported device due to the lack of always-on
    connectivity.
    --
    Insert something clever here.

  10. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    How things change .. and so quickly.

    Marc is now working for Palm!!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137526

    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <45dd0b38$0$16941$4c368faf@roadrunner.com> Aloke Prasad
    > wrote:
    >
    >> And, the developer is very responsive. If you e-mail him with a problem
    >> or question, he'll respond within the hour (or sooner).

    > Yup. He even helped me get Chatter up and running on a T|X, an
    > officially not supported device due to the lack of always-on
    > connectivity.

  11. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In message <45de4b09$0$5241$4c368faf@roadrunner.com> Aloke Prasad
    wrote:

    >How things change .. and so quickly.
    >
    >Marc is now working for Palm!!
    >
    >http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137526

    D'oh. Versamail had potential too before it was bought out by Palm (at
    least you could get a reply from technical support, and they implied
    they might fix bugs)

    Luckily Chatteremail is already a fantastic product, even if development
    has ceased for the moment.
    --
    Insert something clever here.

  12. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I have been using Versamail on my TT and T3 for years; however, I have only
    > recently converted to IMAP. Does anyone know why Versamail

    > - Does not sync sent items to the server even though I have checked the Sync
    > IMAP Folders option?
    > - Does not display the custom folders available on the server on my Palm (I
    > do not find any options to subscribe to folders in the client)?

    > I am running VM 2.6.1.

    Just guessing. Because VersaMail is not mutt/pine? /PaulN

    P.S. Use pssh if you want real sophistication [if you have a unix account
    with e-mail]. It works perfectly on my TX.

  13. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    On 26 Feb 2007 16:34:16 GMT, Paul Nevai
    wrote:

    >P.S. Use pssh if you want real sophistication [if you have a unix account
    >with e-mail]. It works perfectly on my TX.

    Dunno if you can answer this. When I first started pssh, I had a mini
    cursor-key pad at the bottom of the screen. I was fiddling with the
    options, went to full-sized keyboard then mini-keyboard and now I
    can't get back the small cursor pad. It's on the full-sized keyboard
    but since I'm happy with graffiti (or the Palm built-in keyboard) most
    of the time, I just want that little mini-keypad. Any ideas how to get
    it back?

    Thanks

    Rich
    --
    "My sight is failing," she said finally. "Even when I was young I could not have read what was written there. But it appears to me that that wall looks different. Are the Seven Commandments the same as they used to be, Benjamin?"
    For once Benjamin consented to break his rule, and he read out to her what was written on the wall. There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran:

  14. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    On 2007-03-17, Richard Thomas wrote:
    > On 26 Feb 2007 16:34:16 GMT, Paul Nevai
    > wrote:
    >
    >>P.S. Use pssh if you want real sophistication [if you have a unix account
    >>with e-mail]. It works perfectly on my TX.

    > Dunno if you can answer this. When I first started pssh, I had a mini
    > cursor-key pad at the bottom of the screen. I was fiddling with the
    > options, went to full-sized keyboard then mini-keyboard and now I
    > can't get back the small cursor pad. It's on the full-sized keyboard
    > but since I'm happy with graffiti (or the Palm built-in keyboard) most
    > of the time, I just want that little mini-keypad. Any ideas how to get
    > it back?

    Menu->Edit->Mini Keyboard

    HTH
    Ton van Overbeek

  15. Re: Versamail and IMAP

    In comp.sys.palmtops.pilot Richard Thomas wrote:
    > On 26 Feb 2007 16:34:16 GMT, Paul Nevai
    > wrote:

    > >P.S. Use pssh if you want real sophistication [if you have a unix account
    > >with e-mail]. It works perfectly on my TX.

    > Dunno if you can answer this. When I first started pssh, I had a mini
    > cursor-key pad at the bottom of the screen. I was fiddling with the
    > options, went to full-sized keyboard then mini-keyboard and now I
    > can't get back the small cursor pad. It's on the full-sized keyboard
    > but since I'm happy with graffiti (or the Palm built-in keyboard) most
    > of the time, I just want that little mini-keypad. Any ideas how to get
    > it back?

    Click on the "abc" thingie again [as I recall]. /PaulN

+ Reply to Thread