bluetooth sync? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on bluetooth sync? - Palmtop ; I'm trying to sync my Palm TX with Bluetooth, and I can't seem to get it right. I have WinXP, SP2, and I can connect my TX to another TX for file transfer, but I can't seem to set up ...

  1. bluetooth sync?

    I'm trying to sync my Palm TX with Bluetooth, and I can't seem to get it
    right. I have WinXP, SP2, and I can connect my TX to another TX for file
    transfer, but I can't seem to set up the sync.

    Can anyone direct me to a good tutorial, how to guide etc?

    Thanks!

    Mark

  2. Re: bluetooth sync?

    Hi,

    > I'm trying to sync my Palm TX with Bluetooth, and I can't seem to get it
    > right. I have WinXP, SP2, and I can connect my TX to another TX for file
    > transfer, but I can't seem to set up the sync.

    Where in the process do you have a problem? I have a T3 and do this without
    a problem, setup on TX may differ.

    1. Pair you TX with your PC and make sure PIM sync is enabled in your PC
    bluetooth setup
    2. Create a new connection on your TX (under
    Prefs/Communication/Connection), use connection to "PC" via "Bluetooth"
    through Device "your PC" (which is the name you gave your PC in the pairing
    process)
    3. In the Hotsync app on your PC, make sure that "local" is enabled, the
    serial port assigned Bluetooth (which you can find displayed under the Local
    services tab of the BT config on your PC) should be listed as serial port
    under the Local tab (setup/local in your hotsync app on PC).

    Hope this helps!

    Thorbjorn

  3. Re: bluetooth sync?

    Now it's working.

    When I looked under the device manager at the serial COM ports, there were
    at least 10 different bluetooth ports, and I assume that when I would try to
    make a new connection, a new one was created. The Palm instructions
    referred to a "virtual serial port," and I assume that's what all of these
    were.

    I went to the hotsync manager, setup, local tab, and started trying one port
    after another, until one worked (serial #COM7). Then, I deleted the ones
    greater than 7, of which there seemed to be many.

    Now, it works, but it's noticeably slower than the USB sync. This wasn't a
    terribly intuitive process, not as idiot-proof as I had been lead to expect.
    But, again, it works. Thanks, Thorbjorn.

    Mark

    "Thorbjorn Sundboe" wrote in message
    news:68669$45d8472d$54d108cf$31712@news.chello.no. ..
    | Hi,
    |
    | > I'm trying to sync my Palm TX with Bluetooth, and I can't seem to get it
    | > right. I have WinXP, SP2, and I can connect my TX to another TX for
    file
    | > transfer, but I can't seem to set up the sync.
    |
    | Where in the process do you have a problem? I have a T3 and do this
    without
    | a problem, setup on TX may differ.
    |
    | 1. Pair you TX with your PC and make sure PIM sync is enabled in your PC
    | bluetooth setup
    | 2. Create a new connection on your TX (under
    | Prefs/Communication/Connection), use connection to "PC" via "Bluetooth"
    | through Device "your PC" (which is the name you gave your PC in the
    pairing
    | process)
    | 3. In the Hotsync app on your PC, make sure that "local" is enabled, the
    | serial port assigned Bluetooth (which you can find displayed under the
    Local
    | services tab of the BT config on your PC) should be listed as serial port
    | under the Local tab (setup/local in your hotsync app on PC).
    |
    | Hope this helps!
    |
    | Thorbjorn

  4. Re: bluetooth sync?

    > Now it's working.