BAcking up my palm.... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on BAcking up my palm.... - Palmtop ; I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be linked for backup. I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP. If I am correct, the only folder ...

  1. BAcking up my palm....

    I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    linked for backup.

    I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.

    If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    after my profile?

    C:\Palm\

    If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?

    Is that all I need?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 02:40:53 -0500, "ther" wrote:

    >I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    >linked for backup.
    >
    >I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.
    >
    >If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    >after my profile?
    >
    >C:\Palm\
    >
    >If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?
    >
    >Is that all I need?
    >
    >Thanks!

    Some third-party applications may put their own data into
    different folders.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  3. Re: BAcking up my palm....

    In article ,
    "ther" wrote:

    > I have a backup system and am trying to figure out what files need to be
    > linked for backup.
    >
    > I am using Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for my Palm Tungsten E2 on Win XP.
    >
    > If I am correct, the only folder I need to keep is the one that is named
    > after my profile?
    >
    > C:\Palm\
    >
    > If I continue to save that entire folder, am I safe?
    >
    > Is that all I need?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Why worry about it? Disk space is cheap. Just back up your entire hard
    drive.

+ Reply to Thread