Palm TX Sound Quality - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX Sound Quality - Palmtop ; I am about to buy a Palm TX. However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss" along with the sound when playing MP3 files. Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of ...

  1. Palm TX Sound Quality

    I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    along with the sound when playing MP3 files.

    Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the
    TX via the headphone jack.

    I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.

    I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    are about 1hr long)

    Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated
    as this will be its main use initally.

    Maurice Helwig

  2. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    In article <12s61prj1himc73@corp.supernews.com>,
    Maurice Helwig wrote:

    > I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    > However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    > along with the sound when playing MP3 files.
    >
    > Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the
    > TX via the headphone jack.
    >
    > I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    > radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.
    >
    > I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    > to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    > are about 1hr long)
    >
    > Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated
    > as this will be its main use initally.

    Yeah there is a little hiss but it's only noticable when there is no
    sound. This is pretty much true for any electronics.

    --
    Clark Martin

  3. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    Clark Martin wrote:
    > In article <12s61prj1himc73@corp.supernews.com>,
    > Maurice Helwig wrote:
    >
    >> I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    >> However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    >> along with the sound when playing MP3 files.
    >>
    >> Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the
    >> TX via the headphone jack.
    >>
    >> I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    >> radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.
    >>
    >> I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    >> to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    >> are about 1hr long)
    >>
    >> Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated
    >> as this will be its main use initally.

    > Yeah there is a little hiss but it's only noticable when there is no
    > sound. This is pretty much true for any electronics.

    Thanks for your reply
    I am still undecided about getting a TX
    I will find someone who has one and try it out for myself

    Maurice Helwig

  4. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    In article <12si1lne48hrtd4@corp.supernews.com>,
    Maurice Helwig wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply
    > I am still undecided about getting a TX
    > I will find someone who has one and try it out for myself

    Is there a Palm store near your? I would bring along some headphones to
    test with.

    --
    Clark Martin

  5. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:42:12 +1000, Maurice Helwig
    wrote:

    >I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    >However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    >along with the sound when playing MP3 files.
    >
    >Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the
    >TX via the headphone jack.
    >
    >I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    >radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.
    >
    >I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    >to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    >are about 1hr long)
    >
    >Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated
    >as this will be its main use initally.
    >
    >Maurice Helwig

    The sound quality on my T|X is fine.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  6. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    Mine too,
    I use mine regularly with a pair of phillips noise reducing earbuds and the
    sound is fine.

    "Victor Roberts" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:42:12 +1000, Maurice Helwig
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    >>However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    >>along with the sound when playing MP3 files.
    >>
    >>Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the
    >>TX via the headphone jack.
    >>
    >>I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    >>radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.
    >>
    >>I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    >>to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    >>are about 1hr long)
    >>
    >>Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated
    >>as this will be its main use initally.
    >>
    >>Maurice Helwig

    > The sound quality on my T|X is fine.
    >
    > --
    > Vic Roberts
    > Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  7. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:23:02 -0600, "Tommy" leesecurity.net> wrote:

    >Mine too,
    >I use mine regularly with a pair of phillips noise reducing earbuds and the
    >sound is fine.

    I've only used my T|X as an MP3 player occasionally. Can
    you tell me how long a fully charged battery should last in
    the T|X when using pTunes to play MP3s with the screen off?
    (The application is a 12-hour plane trip.)

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  8. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    I work a 12 hour rotating shift, so i only use it for an hour or so at a
    time, but i have run it probably 3 solid hours during 2 shifts, for a total
    of 6 hours before recharging. this is all IIRC. my memory isn't that good
    this early in the morning.

    > On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:23:02 -0600, "Tommy" > leesecurity.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Mine too,
    >>I use mine regularly with a pair of phillips noise reducing earbuds and
    >>the
    >>sound is fine.

    > I've only used my T|X as an MP3 player occasionally. Can
    > you tell me how long a fully charged battery should last in
    > the T|X when using pTunes to play MP3s with the screen off?
    > (The application is a 12-hour plane trip.)
    >
    > --
    > Vic Roberts
    > Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  9. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    should be about 6 hours or so...

    "Victor Roberts" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:23:02 -0600, "Tommy" > leesecurity.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Mine too,
    >>I use mine regularly with a pair of phillips noise reducing earbuds and
    >>the
    >>sound is fine.

    > I've only used my T|X as an MP3 player occasionally. Can
    > you tell me how long a fully charged battery should last in
    > the T|X when using pTunes to play MP3s with the screen off?
    > (The application is a 12-hour plane trip.)
    >
    > --
    > Vic Roberts
    > Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  10. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    i think you'll find that most mp3 players tend to have that hiss, it'll take
    a good set of headphones to help reduce that S:N hiss.

    "Maurice Helwig" wrote in message
    >I am about to buy a Palm TX.
    > However I have read on some forums that the Palm TX produces a "hiss"
    > along with the sound when playing MP3 files.
    >
    > Can anyone verify this or comment on the quality of the sound from the TX
    > via the headphone jack.
    >
    > I want to use the TX to play MP3 files through a FM modulator to the FM
    > radio in my car in a similar manner to the Ipods etc.
    >
    > I know that MP3 players can be used to do this but only the TX allows me
    > to start part way through a MP3 file (The MP3 files I want to listen to
    > are about 1hr long)
    >
    > Any comments on the quality of the Sound etc would be much appreciated as
    > this will be its main use initally.
    >
    > Maurice Helwig

  11. Re: Palm TX Sound Quality

    On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:36:01 GMT, "Ryan"
    wrote:

    >should be about 6 hours or so...

    I'm surprised it's not longer - I can play Sudoku with the
    screen on for two hours without much decrease in the battery
    charge.

    >"Victor Roberts" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:23:02 -0600, "Tommy" >> leesecurity.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Mine too,
    >>>I use mine regularly with a pair of phillips noise reducing earbuds and
    >>>the
    >>>sound is fine.

    >> I've only used my T|X as an MP3 player occasionally. Can
    >> you tell me how long a fully charged battery should last in
    >> the T|X when using pTunes to play MP3s with the screen off?
    >> (The application is a 12-hour plane trip.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Vic Roberts
    >> Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

    --