Less RAM & ROM after Clean Reset - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Less RAM & ROM after Clean Reset - Palmtop ; To get out of a problem not solved by soft and hard resets, I have just clean reset my HP hx2490b. Afterwards I noticed that the reported (in the Today screen) total ROM and RAM dropped by about 400kB and ...

  1. Less RAM & ROM after Clean Reset

    To get out of a problem not solved by soft and hard resets, I have just
    clean reset my HP hx2490b. Afterwards I noticed that the reported (in the
    Today screen) total ROM and RAM dropped by about 400kB and 180kB
    respectively. I know the difference because I recorded the original figures
    when my PPC was new, out of the box.
    Does anyone know, where these precious memory might have gone?
    TIA

  2. Re: Less RAM & ROM after Clean Reset

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:08:43 GMT, "Ramon"
    wrote:

    >To get out of a problem not solved by soft and hard resets, I have just
    >clean reset my HP hx2490b. Afterwards I noticed that the reported (in the
    >Today screen) total ROM and RAM dropped by about 400kB and 180kB
    >respectively. I know the difference because I recorded the original figures
    >when my PPC was new, out of the box.
    >Does anyone know, where these precious memory might have gone?
    >TIA

    Some third-party applications may put their own data into
    different folders.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  3. Re: Less RAM & ROM after Clean Reset

    On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:32:12 -0500, Victor Roberts
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:08:43 GMT, "Ramon"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>To get out of a problem not solved by soft and hard resets, I have just
    >>clean reset my HP hx2490b. Afterwards I noticed that the reported (in the
    >>Today screen) total ROM and RAM dropped by about 400kB and 180kB
    >>respectively. I know the difference because I recorded the original figures
    >>when my PPC was new, out of the box.
    >>Does anyone know, where these precious memory might have gone?
    >>TIA

    >Some third-party applications may put their own data into
    >different folders.

    This reply was added to the wrong message. Sorry.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

+ Reply to Thread