HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200 - Palmtop ; Hi I got a HP200LX a few days ago. I have found a windows program called 'TRANSFILE WIN 200' and it should be able to communicate with the Laplink Remote program on the palmtop. But for some reasons the win ...

  1. HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200

    Hi

    I got a HP200LX a few days ago. I have found a windows program called
    'TRANSFILE WIN 200' and it should be able to communicate with the
    Laplink Remote program on the palmtop. But for some reasons the win
    client can't find the palmtop. The cable and ports is working, because I
    can send chars to the other device using HyperTerminal/Data Com.

    So, what can be the problem? Well, TRANSFILE WIN _is_ a Win3.1 program,
    and I run it under Win2k... But shouldn't that work?

    BTW - I subscribed to, and did also send a mail to the HPLX mailing
    list, but I only got a mail back saying my message was waiting for the
    moderator to approve my message - and no more has happened. Is the list
    dead, or is moderator just on holiday?

    Where do I find the most active HP200LX users?

    --
    Thomas Jensen

  2. Re: HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200

    On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:38:44 +0100, Thomas Jensen
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I got a HP200LX a few days ago. I have found a windows program called
    >'TRANSFILE WIN 200' and it should be able to communicate with the
    >Laplink Remote program on the palmtop. But for some reasons the win
    >client can't find the palmtop. The cable and ports is working, because I
    >can send chars to the other device using HyperTerminal/Data Com.
    >
    >So, what can be the problem? Well, TRANSFILE WIN _is_ a Win3.1 program,
    >and I run it under Win2k... But shouldn't that work?
    >
    >BTW - I subscribed to, and did also send a mail to the HPLX mailing
    >list, but I only got a mail back saying my message was waiting for the
    >moderator to approve my message - and no more has happened. Is the list
    >dead, or is moderator just on holiday?
    >
    >Where do I find the most active HP200LX users?

    The HPLX list is not dead, but I believe only new members
    need to have their messages approved. This is done to
    reduce spam. Once you are a regular messages will appear
    immediately.

    As for Transfile - there have been discussions about using
    it on Win 2000. I don't use it so I don't remember those
    discussions. I keep all my data on a CF card in a PCMCIA
    adapter and just put that CF card in my notebook when I want
    to transfer data. I have also used a program called ZIP,
    not the file compression program by a LX-specific file
    transfer program.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  3. Re: HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200

    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I got a HP200LX a few days ago. I have found a windows program called
    >'TRANSFILE WIN 200' and it should be able to communicate with the
    >Laplink Remote program on the palmtop. But for some reasons the win
    >client can't find the palmtop. The cable and ports is working, because I
    >can send chars to the other device using HyperTerminal/Data Com.
    >
    >So, what can be the problem? Well, TRANSFILE WIN _is_ a Win3.1 program,
    >and I run it under Win2k... But shouldn't that work?
    >
    >BTW - I subscribed to, and did also send a mail to the HPLX mailing
    >list, but I only got a mail back saying my message was waiting for the
    >moderator to approve my message - and no more has happened. Is the list
    >dead, or is moderator just on holiday?
    >
    >Where do I find the most active HP200LX users?

    A similar question was posted to the HPLX list on January 3,
    but not under your name.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  4. Re: HP200LX - laplink/transfile win 200

    >I got a HP200LX a few days ago. I have found a windows program called
    >'TRANSFILE WIN 200' and it should be able to communicate with the
    >Laplink Remote program on the palmtop. But for some reasons the win
    >client can't find the palmtop. The cable and ports is working, because
    >I can send chars to the other device using HyperTerminal/Data Com.

    I use TransFile Win200 weekly to back up my 200LX to a modern WinXP PC,
    with no problems. I don't use Laplink, but instead the Filer
    application, Communications, Remote Settings, 57600 baud, Com1, Sever
    Mode Enabled. I use DOS PKZIP 2.04g, 2/1/93, to zip all files with
    their archive bit set and then clear the archive bits, then Transfile
    Win200 to transfer to the PC, then unzip there. My backup batch file on
    the 200LX is below.

    rem -- Usage: backup bk040218
    rem -- Adds with replacement all files on A: with Archive bit set to
    rem -- bk040218.zip, then clears all the Archive bits.
    pkzip -rpi %1 *.*

    Rick

+ Reply to Thread