Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook - Palmtop ; I am helping someone at work. They have a Zire 31 with many years of contacts in it. Our company recently gave her a Blackberry. She asked me to change the Zire 31 to synch with Outlook instead of Palm ...

  1. Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook

    I am helping someone at work. They have a Zire 31 with many years of
    contacts in it. Our company recently gave her a Blackberry. She asked
    me to change the Zire 31 to synch with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop
    so her years of contacts would flow through to the Blackberry. She did
    not have the original sync software so I downloaded a copy and now I
    cannot get the Zire 31 to sync to anything. She is not going to be
    using the Zire 31 after the data is moved to Outlook.

    So I can either try to fix the Zire 31 sync issue or since this is just
    a one time sync from Palm Desktop to Outlook is there a different
    solution that does not involve the Zire 31?

    I have a Treo 650. I thought that I could sync the 650 to the Palm
    Desktop and then to Outlook. If I go that route, I only want the data
    on the Treo for less than a day, just enough to do two syncs. I do not
    want it to corrupt any of my current data which is on a corporate
    server.

    Many questions. Do I have to install a new Palm desktop that supports
    the 650? Will the data stay intact?

    Can I back up my Treo, do a hard reset, sync palm desktop to Treo, Treo
    to Outlook, hard reset and restore?

    Any advice would be helpful.

  2. Re: Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook

    Export the contacts from Palm Desktop and import into Outlook. No?
    "Tom" wrote in message
    news:1160141481.543387.302650@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am helping someone at work. They have a Zire 31 with many years of
    > contacts in it. Our company recently gave her a Blackberry. She asked
    > me to change the Zire 31 to synch with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop
    > so her years of contacts would flow through to the Blackberry. She did
    > not have the original sync software so I downloaded a copy and now I
    > cannot get the Zire 31 to sync to anything. She is not going to be
    > using the Zire 31 after the data is moved to Outlook.
    >
    > So I can either try to fix the Zire 31 sync issue or since this is just
    > a one time sync from Palm Desktop to Outlook is there a different
    > solution that does not involve the Zire 31?
    >
    > I have a Treo 650. I thought that I could sync the 650 to the Palm
    > Desktop and then to Outlook. If I go that route, I only want the data
    > on the Treo for less than a day, just enough to do two syncs. I do not
    > want it to corrupt any of my current data which is on a corporate
    > server.
    >
    > Many questions. Do I have to install a new Palm desktop that supports
    > the 650? Will the data stay intact?
    >
    > Can I back up my Treo, do a hard reset, sync palm desktop to Treo, Treo
    > to Outlook, hard reset and restore?
    >
    > Any advice would be helpful.

  3. Re: Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook

    Dooh! I was making a simiple task hard.

    I was able to export as a CSV file and after adding column headers, I
    was able to import into Outlook. Thanks for your help.

    Is there a simple way to do the same for the calendar?

    Tom

  4. Re: Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook

    HHmmm...Dunno. Can ya do it the same way. I have always used Outlook and
    not the Palm calendar so I don;t know if you can export it. Good luck.

    -Greg

    "Tom" wrote in message
    news:1160494961.570653.276380@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    > Dooh! I was making a simiple task hard.
    >
    > I was able to export as a CSV file and after adding column headers, I
    > was able to import into Outlook. Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Is there a simple way to do the same for the calendar?
    >
    > Tom

  5. Re: Move data from Palm desktop to Outlook

    After installing the conduit for outlook, before you sync your palm to the
    PC you can goto the settings on the PC and set from Sync to PC, PC to Palm,
    whatever, etc..

    --
    Gerry (The MOTH)

    "GregM" wrote in message
    > HHmmm...Dunno. Can ya do it the same way. I have always used Outlook and
    > not the Palm calendar so I don;t know if you can export it. Good luck.
    >
    > -Greg
    >

    > "Tom" wrote in message
    > news:1160494961.570653.276380@e3g2000cwe.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Dooh! I was making a simiple task hard.
    >>
    >> I was able to export as a CSV file and after adding column headers, I
    >> was able to import into Outlook. Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Is there a simple way to do the same for the calendar?
    >>
    >> Tom

+ Reply to Thread