Hot Sync problem, Palm m130 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hot Sync problem, Palm m130 - Palmtop ; I can't hotsync my Palm m130. When I press the hotsync key it says "Unable to initiate Hotsync operation because the port is in use by another application." Anyone knows what this is? Tony...

  1. Hot Sync problem, Palm m130

    I can't hotsync my Palm m130. When I press the hotsync key it says "Unable
    to initiate Hotsync operation because the port is in use by another
    application." Anyone knows what this is?

    Tony

  2. Re: Hot Sync problem, Palm m130

    I reinstalled the software and now it is working.

    Now I have another question. How can I transfer Addresses (or contacts) from
    a Garmin iQue 3600 to the Palm m130? I tryed to Hotsync the m130 on the
    computer I have the iQue 3600 installed but it did not work.

    "Alpha One" wrote in message
    >I can't hotsync my Palm m130. When I press the hotsync key it says "Unable
    >to initiate Hotsync operation because the port is in use by another
    >application." Anyone knows what this is?
    >
    > Tony

  3. Re: Hot Sync problem, Palm m130

    OK, I got the addresses from one PDA to the other. I just copied the file
    from one computer to the other, using the proper folders, and then
    Hotsynked the m130. I got every and complete entries, except, I had the
    addresses by category and several categories got into the unfilled one. All
    I had to do was change the category for each one of those.

    "Alpha One" wrote in message
    >I reinstalled the software and now it is working.
    >
    > Now I have another question. How can I transfer Addresses (or contacts)
    > from
    > a Garmin iQue 3600 to the Palm m130? I tryed to Hotsync the m130 on the
    > computer I have the iQue 3600 installed but it did not work.
    >

    > "Alpha One" wrote in message
    >>I can't hotsync my Palm m130. When I press the hotsync key it says "Unable
    >>to initiate Hotsync operation because the port is in use by another
    >>application." Anyone knows what this is?
    >>
    >> Tony

+ Reply to Thread