T5 not found after WinXP Upgrade - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T5 not found after WinXP Upgrade - Palmtop ; I have just updgraded an old computer from WinME (believe it!) to WinXP. The new OS does not recognize my T5 when I conect it via a USB cable. WinXP tells me it recognizes new hardware (palmOne handheld) and launches ...

  1. T5 not found after WinXP Upgrade

    I have just updgraded an old computer from WinME (believe it!) to
    WinXP. The new OS does not recognize my T5 when I conect it via a USB
    cable. WinXP tells me it recognizes new hardware (palmOne handheld)
    and launches the new hardware wizard. PalmDesktop and the HotSync files
    are still present on my computer. I can launch them both. In fact
    HotSync is automatically launched into the tray at startup.

    The Palm website says that drivers are not available as standalone
    downloads. I am worried that if I uninstall/reinstall software, my
    calendar Palm archive files will be lost. What is the best way to let
    these two devices speak with each other?

    Any advice gratefully accepted.

    Regards,
    Brian
    beezer000-at-gmail-dot-com

  2. Re: T5 not found after WinXP Upgrade

    On 24 Sep 2006 06:37:44 -0700, beezer000@gmail.com wrote:

    >I have just updgraded an old computer from WinME (believe it!) to
    >WinXP. The new OS does not recognize my T5 when I conect it via a USB
    >cable. WinXP tells me it recognizes new hardware (palmOne handheld)
    >and launches the new hardware wizard. PalmDesktop and the HotSync files
    >are still present on my computer. I can launch them both. In fact
    >HotSync is automatically launched into the tray at startup.
    >
    >The Palm website says that drivers are not available as standalone
    >downloads. I am worried that if I uninstall/reinstall software, my
    >calendar Palm archive files will be lost. What is the best way to let
    >these two devices speak with each other?
    >
    >Any advice gratefully accepted.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Brian
    >beezer000-at-gmail-dot-com

    reinstalling the Palm Desktop should not damage the Palm
    data files. However, to be safe, you can backup the data on
    your T5 to an SD card using program such as RscBackup.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  3. Re: T5 not found after WinXP Upgrade

    I believe you need a USB driver for XP and I believe Palm has the
    driver available on PalmOne web site.
    Go to Palm and search for USB driver and you should find it.
    Brad
    beezer000@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have just updgraded an old computer from WinME (believe it!) to
    > WinXP. The new OS does not recognize my T5 when I conect it via a USB
    > cable. WinXP tells me it recognizes new hardware (palmOne handheld)
    > and launches the new hardware wizard. PalmDesktop and the HotSync files
    > are still present on my computer. I can launch them both. In fact
    > HotSync is automatically launched into the tray at startup.
    >
    > The Palm website says that drivers are not available as standalone
    > downloads. I am worried that if I uninstall/reinstall software, my
    > calendar Palm archive files will be lost. What is the best way to let
    > these two devices speak with each other?
    >
    > Any advice gratefully accepted.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Brian
    > beezer000-at-gmail-dot-com