Im not connecting to internet - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Im not connecting to internet - Palmtop ; but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth yet when i enter a webpage it shows cannot be displayed i got a wireless router i got a wireless Palm i got a Wireless Mac mac is online Palm showing ...

  1. Im not connecting to internet

    but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth
    yet when i enter a webpage it shows

    cannot be displayed

    i got a wireless router
    i got a wireless Palm
    i got a Wireless Mac

    mac is online
    Palm showing strong signal on Wifi
    www not coming up

    why?

  2. Re: Im not connecting to internet

    Got Any Gum? wrote:
    > but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth
    > yet when i enter a webpage it shows
    >

    > cannot be displayed
    >
    > i got a wireless router
    > i got a wireless Palm
    > i got a Wireless Mac
    >
    > mac is online
    > Palm showing strong signal on Wifi
    > www not coming up
    >

    > why?

    What model of Palm do you have? Are you using internal WiFi or an SDIO
    card? Is your router configured for DHCP, static IP addresses or
    dynamic? Are you using WEP or WPA encryption for the wireless router? Do
    you have internet connection sharing enabled for the Bluetooth profile?

  3. Re: Im not connecting to internet

    Dekaritae wrote:
    > Got Any Gum? wrote:
    > > but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth
    > > yet when i enter a webpage it shows
    > >

    > > cannot be displayed
    > >
    > > i got a wireless router
    > > i got a wireless Palm
    > > i got a Wireless Mac
    > >
    > > mac is online
    > > Palm showing strong signal on Wifi
    > > www not coming up
    > >

    > > why?
    > >

    > What model of Palm do you have?

    the $299 TX

    Are you using internal WiFi or an SDIO
    not sure.............when i click on WIFI its showing a strong signal
    connecting to my wireless router

    > card? Is your router configured for DHCP, static IP addresses or
    > dynamic?

    I think DHCP, but i remember entering a 192.xx.x.xxx somewhere
    could that be the problem

    Are you using WEP or WPA encryption for the wireless router?
    I see those on the Palm............what do they do,how do i configure
    them?

    Do
    > you have internet connection sharing enabled for the Bluetooth profile?

    I imagine so................Palm links with my mini mac fine,and mini
    mac connects to internet wirelessly fine,but Palm wont connect to
    internet...i get page wont connect check settings prompt

  4. Re: Im not connecting to internet

    Got Any Gum? wrote:

    > Are you using internal WiFi or an SDIO
    > not sure.............when i click on WIFI its showing a strong signal
    > connecting to my wireless router

    The problem likely isn't on the PDA side, then. What kind of router are
    you using?

    >> card? Is your router configured for DHCP, static IP addresses or
    >> dynamic?

    > I think DHCP, but i remember entering a 192.xx.x.xxx somewhere
    > could that be the problem

    It could be, though some people have reported not being able to get
    their Wi-Fi card to work unless they assigned a static IP to their device.

    > Are you using WEP or WPA encryption for the wireless router?
    > I see those on the Palm............what do they do,how do i configure
    > them?

    WEP is the only protocol that will work with PalmOS devices. But if you
    are getting a signal, you probably have it enabled already.

    >> you have internet connection sharing enabled for the Bluetooth profile?

    > I imagine so................Palm links with my mini mac fine,and mini
    > mac connects to internet wirelessly fine,but Palm wont connect to
    > internet...i get page wont connect check settings prompt

    I mean, have you been able to connect to the internet using Bluetooth
    directly to your desktop, without connecting to the router?

  5. Re: Im not connecting to internet

    On 23 Sep 2006 14:33:46 -0700, "Got Any Gum?"
    wrote:

    >but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth
    >yet when i enter a webpage it shows
    >

    >cannot be displayed
    >
    >i got a wireless router
    >i got a wireless Palm
    >i got a Wireless Mac
    >
    >mac is online
    >Palm showing strong signal on Wifi
    >www not coming up
    >

    >why?

    Does the WiFi router use WEP password, and if so, have you
    entered the password into your Palm WiFi setup?

    Turn on WiFi on the Pam and scan for connection points. Does
    the router in your house show up with a lock symbol. If so,
    you need a password in the Palm to access the router.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.

  6. Re: Im not connecting to internet

    On 25 Sep 2006 08:41:04 -0700, "Got Any Gum?"
    wrote:

    >Dekaritae wrote:
    >> Got Any Gum? wrote:
    >> > but showing a STRONG signal via Wifi and Bluetooth
    >> > yet when i enter a webpage it shows
    >> >

    >> > cannot be displayed
    >> >
    >> > i got a wireless router
    >> > i got a wireless Palm
    >> > i got a Wireless Mac
    >> >
    >> > mac is online
    >> > Palm showing strong signal on Wifi
    >> > www not coming up
    >> >

    >> > why?
    >> >

    >> What model of Palm do you have?

    >the $299 TX
    >

    >Are you using internal WiFi or an SDIO
    >not sure.............when i click on WIFI its showing a strong signal
    >connecting to my wireless router

    If you do not have a WiFi SDIO card in the slot, then you
    are using the built-in WiFi. There is no reason you should
    have installed a SDIO WiFi card in the TX

    >> card? Is your router configured for DHCP, static IP addresses or
    >> dynamic?

    >I think DHCP, but i remember entering a 192.xx.x.xxx somewhere
    >could that be the problem

    If you entered a static address in the Palm WiFi application
    then you are using a status IP address, not DHCP. have you
    tried switching back to DHCP?

    >Are you using WEP or WPA encryption for the wireless router?
    >I see those on the Palm............what do they do,how do i configure
    >them?

    They allow connection to a router that uses WEP or WPA to
    prevent access from unauthorized devices. If your router is
    using either WEP or WPA, then you MUST set the Palm to the
    same protocol and use the same password as used in the
    router.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.