software reintall - Palmtop

This is a discussion on software reintall - Palmtop ; Generally speaking if one was to reinstall the palm software over the existing installation which seems to be malfunctioning will this reinstall wipe out all the existing files? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Arnie...

  1. software reintall

    Generally speaking if one was to reinstall the palm software over the
    existing installation which seems to be malfunctioning will this reinstall
    wipe out all the existing files?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Arnie

  2. Re: software reintall

    No...If you want everything gone, you must do a hard rest.

    "akomet" wrote in message
    newsXkNg.42005$v82.38226@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...
    > Generally speaking if one was to reinstall the palm software over the
    > existing installation which seems to be malfunctioning will this reinstall
    > wipe out all the existing files?
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    > Arnie

  3. Re: software reintall

    never heard that a pc can do a hard reset as well

    "GregM" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > No...If you want everything gone, you must do a hard rest.
    >
    > "akomet" wrote in message
    > newsXkNg.42005$v82.38226@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...
    >> Generally speaking if one was to reinstall the palm software over the
    >> existing installation which seems to be malfunctioning will this
    >> reinstall wipe out all the existing files?
    >> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    >> Arnie

  4. Re: software reintall

    I assumed he meant re-install an the device...Not the PC. Not all software
    installs on both...

    "André Thoma" wrote in message
    > never heard that a pc can do a hard reset as well
    >

    > "GregM" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> No...If you want everything gone, you must do a hard rest.
    >>
    >> "akomet" wrote in message
    >> newsXkNg.42005$v82.38226@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...
    >>> Generally speaking if one was to reinstall the palm software over the
    >>> existing installation which seems to be malfunctioning will this
    >>> reinstall wipe out all the existing files?
    >>> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    >>> Arnie

+ Reply to Thread