Palm Transcribing Software? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Transcribing Software? - Palmtop ; Hi, I am at a stage where I am finally considering upgrading my Palm Pilot. I have always used Palm's (as opposed to Windows) based PDA's, and I would like to continue going that way at present, as they seem ...

  1. Palm Transcribing Software?

    Hi,

    I am at a stage where I am finally considering upgrading my Palm Pilot. I
    have always used Palm's (as opposed to Windows) based PDA's, and I would
    like to continue going that way at present, as they seem to be better with
    battery life, performance and software.

    However, there is one aspect of the windows based platform that I have
    fallen in love with, and that is the transcribing feature that comes with
    windows mobile 2003. It allows you to write on the screen - even in script
    as many words / sentences as you want, and when you pause, it transfers them
    into characters / text. They call this transcribing I believe.

    At the moment, I believe Palm pilots still only have the ability to resolve
    one letter at a time, and not a word or sentence. I have found the
    transcribing feature immensely faster at recording things, as opposed to
    grafiti.

    Does anyone know if there is any software out, or if I have missed somehting
    with the latest palms, as presently, I don't believe this is possible with a
    palm?

    Thanks & Regards

    Adam.

  2. Re: Palm Transcribing Software?

    For those Interested:

    Found this on the internet, but unfortuantly it would appear as though it
    hasn't been released yet: :-(

    http://penandinternet.com/piweb/news...Palmsource.asp

    Apart from that, all seems pretty quiet as far as handwriting recognition is
    concerned with Palms

+ Reply to Thread