One Palm Desktop - Multiple User accounts - Palmtop

This is a discussion on One Palm Desktop - Multiple User accounts - Palmtop ; Been trying to do this for years without overwriting one user's info. Anyone out there have any success doing this. Here's what I need. I have a Palm desktop database which has mine and my wife's info (calendar & ToDo ...

  1. One Palm Desktop - Multiple User accounts

    Been trying to do this for years without overwriting one user's info.
    Anyone out there have any success doing this. Here's what I need. I
    have a Palm desktop database which has mine and my wife's info
    (calendar & ToDo are priority). Can't seem to change users to sync two
    Treo 700P's to the one database. Using Mac OS X, v 10.4.x. Any help
    will be GREATLY appreciated.

  2. Re: One Palm Desktop - Multiple User accounts

    In article <1157671514.295389.210290@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    mfgordon4@comcast.net wrote:

    > Been trying to do this for years without overwriting one user's info.
    > Anyone out there have any success doing this. Here's what I need. I
    > have a Palm desktop database which has mine and my wife's info
    > (calendar & ToDo are priority). Can't seem to change users to sync two
    > Treo 700P's to the one database. Using Mac OS X, v 10.4.x. Any help
    > will be GREATLY appreciated.

    I'm not sure if your attempting to do quite the same thing, but I have
    two Treo 650's (one Verizon, one Tmobile) that I sync with my Mac
    address book, ical. Both phones get the same info synched to them
    although I could if I wanted to have them only get selected calanders or
    address book groups. I stopped using Palm Desktop and iSync and
    switched over to Missing Synch from Mark/Space. Great program and well
    worth the $39.

    I used to have the phones named the same and they both accessed the same
    database. In other words Missing Sync thought there was only one phone
    not two. I have since reset both phones and gave them different names
    and now two user profiles, but they both can each access all the same
    info.

    Also using OS 10.4.7

    http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.php

    Not associated with the company, just a happy customer.

  3. Re: One Palm Desktop - Multiple User accounts

    mfgordon4@comcast.net wrote:
    > Been trying to do this for years without overwriting one user's info.
    > Anyone out there have any success doing this. Here's what I need. I
    > have a Palm desktop database which has mine and my wife's info
    > (calendar & ToDo are priority). Can't seem to change users to sync two
    > Treo 700P's to the one database. Using Mac OS X, v 10.4.x. Any help
    > will be GREATLY appreciated.

    If each device has a different name, I do not think you _can_ make them
    sync to the same desktop databases.
    - Henry

+ Reply to Thread