upgrade m500 to OS 4.1 from WinXP? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on upgrade m500 to OS 4.1 from WinXP? - Palmtop ; When I attempt to upgrade the Palm OS on my m500 from 4.0 to 4.1, it tells me it doesn't support Windows XP. Is there a work around to upgrade from Palm OS 4.0 to OS 4.1 via Windows XP? ...

  1. upgrade m500 to OS 4.1 from WinXP?

    When I attempt to upgrade the Palm OS on my m500 from 4.0 to 4.1, it tells
    me it doesn't support Windows XP. Is there a work around to upgrade from
    Palm OS 4.0 to OS 4.1 via Windows XP?

  2. Re: upgrade m500 to OS 4.1 from WinXP?

    I think Palm means they do not test or help solve issues with this
    old generation software and the newer Xp O/S.
    I believe this Palm version is only used for older Palm's that they
    do not sell anymore.
    If you read Palm forums, there are many people who have got OS 4.1 to
    work with XP, but many have had a difficult time getting it to work.
    I am still trying to get it to work on my old Palm IIIxe and XP-home
    SP2. I can not get the sync to find the user.
    Brad