Yahoo Messenger on WM5 PPC - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Yahoo Messenger on WM5 PPC - Palmtop ; Has anybody been able to use Yahoo Messenger on a WM5 pocket PC (mine is an HP hx2490b)? I tried installing it using a program I got from the web some time ago, but it did not even install. I ...

  1. Yahoo Messenger on WM5 PPC

    Has anybody been able to use Yahoo Messenger on a WM5 pocket PC (mine is an
    HP hx2490b)?
    I tried installing it using a program I got from the web some time ago, but
    it did not even install.
    I know there's an MSN messenger built in WM5, but most of my contacts are on
    YM...

  2. Re: Yahoo Messenger on WM5 PPC

    Ramon wrote:
    > Has anybody been able to use Yahoo Messenger on a WM5 pocket PC (mine is an
    > HP hx2490b)?
    > I tried installing it using a program I got from the web some time ago, but
    > it did not even install.
    > I know there's an MSN messenger built in WM5, but most of my contacts are on
    > YM...

    I'm pretty sure there is at least one Jabber client for WM5, and once
    you've got Jabber set up (I recommend tipic.com), you can add
    server-side transports for Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ICQ, etc.

  3. Re: Yahoo Messenger on WM5 PPC

    Thanks for the answer.

    I am now using Agilee Messenger on my PPC. Not too bad.

    :-)

    "Dekaritae" wrote in message
    > Ramon wrote:
    > > Has anybody been able to use Yahoo Messenger on a WM5 pocket PC (mine is

    an
    > > HP hx2490b)?
    > > I tried installing it using a program I got from the web some time ago,

    but
    > > it did not even install.
    > > I know there's an MSN messenger built in WM5, but most of my contacts

    are on
    > > YM...
    > >

    > I'm pretty sure there is at least one Jabber client for WM5, and once
    > you've got Jabber set up (I recommend tipic.com), you can add
    > server-side transports for Yahoo, MSN, AIM, ICQ, etc.

+ Reply to Thread