Eudora Palm web browser - supports java - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Eudora Palm web browser - supports java - Palmtop ; After evaluating multiple web browsers, I've found the only Palm OS-based web browser that supports Java is Eudora Web. Eudora Web is a text-only Palm web browser, it renders very quickly. Sometimes the simples solution works the best. The page ...

  1. Eudora Palm web browser - supports java

    After evaluating multiple web browsers, I've found the only Palm
    OS-based web browser that supports Java is Eudora Web. Eudora Web is a
    text-only Palm web browser, it renders very quickly. Sometimes the
    simples solution works the best.

    The page in question is our nonprofit agency's events page, generated
    from our Filemaker 8 Advanced Web Publishing server:
    http://www.stopaids.org/events/upcoming.html

    I tried several others:
    Avantgo - would not display
    Blazer (included) - crashed the Palm
    NetFront - corrupted the Palm TX, required hard reset
    Xiino - would not display

    PalmOne's site had many other broken links to other web browsers, or to
    products no longer available.

  2. Re: Eudora Palm web browser - supports java

    In article <1156811031.023688.32560@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.c om>,
    <"jamey@stopaids.org"> wrote:

    > After evaluating multiple web browsers, I've found the only Palm
    > OS-based web browser that supports Java is Eudora Web. Eudora Web is a
    > text-only Palm web browser, it renders very quickly. Sometimes the
    > simples solution works the best.
    >
    > The page in question is our nonprofit agency's events page, generated
    > from our Filemaker 8 Advanced Web Publishing server:
    > http://www.stopaids.org/events/upcoming.html
    >
    > I tried several others:
    > Avantgo - would not display
    > Blazer (included) - crashed the Palm
    > NetFront - corrupted the Palm TX, required hard reset
    > Xiino - would not display
    >
    > PalmOne's site had many other broken links to other web browsers, or to
    > products no longer available.

    I noticed that Opera wasn't on the list...
    Anything on that one???

  3. Re: Eudora Palm web browser - supports java

    In message <290820061650205129%ddr@bonfire.com> denis
    wrote:

    >In article <1156811031.023688.32560@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.c om>,
    ><"jamey@stopaids.org"> wrote:
    >
    >> After evaluating multiple web browsers, I've found the only Palm
    >> OS-based web browser that supports Java is Eudora Web. Eudora Web is a
    >> text-only Palm web browser, it renders very quickly. Sometimes the
    >> simples solution works the best.
    >>
    >> The page in question is our nonprofit agency's events page, generated
    >> from our Filemaker 8 Advanced Web Publishing server:
    >> http://www.stopaids.org/events/upcoming.html
    >>
    >> I tried several others:
    >> Avantgo - would not display
    >> Blazer (included) - crashed the Palm
    >> NetFront - corrupted the Palm TX, required hard reset
    >> Xiino - would not display
    >>
    >> PalmOne's site had many other broken links to other web browsers, or to
    >> products no longer available.
    >>

    >I noticed that Opera wasn't on the list...
    >Anything on that one???

    Is there an Opera for Palm?

    --
    'Outlook not so good.'
    That magic 8-ball knows everything!

  4. Re: Eudora Palm web browser - supports java

    DevilsPGD wrote in

    >>I noticed that Opera wasn't on the list...
    >>Anything on that one???

    > Is there an Opera for Palm?

  5. Re: Eudora Palm web browser - supports java

    In message Mark Blain
    wrote:

    >DevilsPGD wrote in
    >
    >>>I noticed that Opera wasn't on the list...
    >>>Anything on that one???

    >> Is there an Opera for Palm?

    I was thinking Mobile, not Mini... Mini is cute, but not very functional
    and oddly enough, even slower then Blazer...

    --
    If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties?
    How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around

+ Reply to Thread