a Palm m515 battery question - Palmtop

This is a discussion on a Palm m515 battery question - Palmtop ; Hi: Please tell me if replacing the battery of an m515 is easy? I saw some instructions and it does look easy, see www.batteryship.com . However, the same happened when I replaced the battery of my TC. It was easy ...

  1. a Palm m515 battery question

    Hi:

    Please tell me if replacing the battery of an m515 is easy? I saw some
    instructions and it does look easy, see www.batteryship.com.

    However, the same happened when I replaced the battery of my TC. It was easy
    according to the instructions but in real life it was an extremely difficult
    job for two reasons, (i) everything was very tightly packed, and (ii) the
    TC's power button is super flimsy and putting the case together was next to
    impossible. In fact, it is simply impossible to put it together perfectly. I
    had 5 TCs and none had a properly operating power button.

    In addition, the instructions left out a most important step. Namely, the
    original battery had a piece of an aluminum shield glued to it but the
    replacement didn't and I had no idea what to do with shield. I ended up
    peeling it off the old one and putting it on the new.

    Thanks, PaulN

  2. Re: a Palm m515 battery question

    Paul Nevai wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > Please tell me if replacing the battery of an m515 is easy? I saw some
    > instructions and it does look easy, see www.batteryship.com.

    Well, taking it apart and putting another original battery was quite easy.

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

+ Reply to Thread