D-Link DBT-120 and Palm Question? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on D-Link DBT-120 and Palm Question? - Palmtop ; I had to replaced a Zire72 with a Palm T|X and have being thinking about using the D-Link 120 Personal Air Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter to communicate with my PC. My question is, has anyone had any experience using the ...

  1. D-Link DBT-120 and Palm Question?

    I had to replaced a Zire72 with a Palm T|X and have being thinking about
    using the D-Link 120 Personal Air Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter to
    communicate with my PC.

    My question is, has anyone had any experience using the D-Link adapter,
    and if so what are your impressions about interfacing it to your Palm
    device?

    TIA
    JDa

  2. Re: D-Link DBT-120 and Palm Question?

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, =?windows-1252?Q?JDa=99=A9?= wrote:
    > I had to replaced a Zire72 with a Palm T|X and have being thinking about
    > using the D-Link 120 Personal Air Wireless USB Bluetooth Adapter to
    > communicate with my PC.
    >
    > My question is, has anyone had any experience using the D-Link adapter,
    > and if so what are your impressions about interfacing it to your Palm
    > device?

    I am not familiar with the Dlink adapter, but Bluetooth should be pretty
    universal. I had no problems interfacing my T|X with the Motorola USB
    Bluetooth adapter that came with my Skype compatible Motorola headset.

    Note that if you want to access the internet through Bluetooth, you likely
    need to enable ICS for your PC ethernet adapter or whatever network device
    connects it to the internet. Your LAN to internet cannot be same IP range
    as ICS (which I think is 192.168.1.x).

    mRouter is another Win app that can connect the T|X to the internet
    through Bluetooth or USB cable (but for USB you have to have the T|X
    plugged in and on before initiating the port in mRouter and then initiate
    the cable PPP connection on the T|X). Note that mRouter does its own NAT,
    so it does not require ICS.

+ Reply to Thread