PDA that does phone and will work on 1900 GSM? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on PDA that does phone and will work on 1900 GSM? - Palmtop ; My TX started acting weird last week and I suspect the end is in sight. Been thinking of a PDA that does phone for awhile, but have lost touch with what's out there. I don't want to go through my ...

  1. PDA that does phone and will work on 1900 GSM?

    My TX started acting weird last week and I suspect the end is in sight.

    Been thinking of a PDA that does phone for awhile, but have lost touch with
    what's out there.

    I don't want to go through my carrier because that would lock me in to a
    contract with them.

    Anybody got something they like and which does GSM at 1900?

    I'm looking for something that's a PDA first and a phone second (i.e. good-sized
    screen, graffiti, and so-forth.

    Prefer Palm OS for now - just because I haven't figured out a Windows
    replacement for BrainForest, but it's not a "must".
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: PDA that does phone and will work on 1900 GSM?

    Have you thought about running a VoIP phone on your TX?

    It wouldn't give you a phone if you were out of WiFi coverage but it
    could be a cheap alternative to a mobile.

    Try: http://www.hamptonsoftware.co.uk/art...on/index.shtml

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    > My TX started acting weird last week and I suspect the end is in sight.
    >
    > Been thinking of a PDA that does phone for awhile, but have lost touch with
    > what's out there.
    >
    > I don't want to go through my carrier because that would lock me in to a
    > contract with them.
    >
    > Anybody got something they like and which does GSM at 1900?
    >
    > I'm looking for something that's a PDA first and a phone second (i.e. good-sized
    > screen, graffiti, and so-forth.
    >
    > Prefer Palm OS for now - just because I haven't figured out a Windows
    > replacement for BrainForest, but it's not a "must".

+ Reply to Thread