IR Hotsync problem with Palm IIIxe and Toshiba laptop Winxp - Palmtop

This is a discussion on IR Hotsync problem with Palm IIIxe and Toshiba laptop Winxp - Palmtop ; Hi, I have been trying to use the IR on the Palm as my Toshiba P20 laptop does not have a serial port. Everytime I put it next to the port the infrared icon will come up for a couple ...

  1. IR Hotsync problem with Palm IIIxe and Toshiba laptop Winxp

    Hi,

    I have been trying to use the IR on the Palm as my Toshiba P20 laptop
    does not have a serial port. Everytime I put it next to the port the
    infrared icon will come up for a couple of seconds then disappear and
    the Palm fails to make a connection.

    I've tried changing speeds, I'm unable to change the port (COM 3)
    I already have the latest version of the palm software (4.1) and I've
    made sure that hotsync is set to IR on both the palm inside hotsync
    manager

    On another computer was able to successfully hotsync with the serial
    cable

    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, I would really
    appreciate it.

    Thanks

  2. Re: IR Hotsync problem with Palm IIIxe and Toshiba laptop Winxp

    Beaker2005 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been trying to use the IR on the Palm as my Toshiba P20 laptop
    > does not have a serial port. Everytime I put it next to the port the
    > infrared icon will come up for a couple of seconds then disappear and
    > the Palm fails to make a connection.
    >
    > I've tried changing speeds, I'm unable to change the port (COM 3)
    > I already have the latest version of the palm software (4.1) and I've
    > made sure that hotsync is set to IR on both the palm inside hotsync
    > manager

    IR has always been pretty unreliable for me. You'd be better off with a
    serial-to-USB dongle or cable.

    http://search.ebay.com/serial-usb-cable

+ Reply to Thread