Installing Wordperfect for Windows 6.1 on Omnibook 300 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Installing Wordperfect for Windows 6.1 on Omnibook 300 - Palmtop ; I just purchased the Omnibook 300 with dual 10MB flash cards and have an old version of WP6.1 for Windows on floppy disks. How do I get this program to work with the Omnibook? Can it be installed onto the ...

  1. Installing Wordperfect for Windows 6.1 on Omnibook 300

    I just purchased the Omnibook 300 with dual 10MB flash cards and have
    an old version of WP6.1 for Windows on floppy disks. How do I get this
    program to work with the Omnibook? Can it be installed onto the flash
    card or a separate pcmcia card? Do I need to purchase a 3.5" floppy
    drive and if so, where would I find one? Thanks for any help!

    Regards,

    Michael Wiseberg

  2. Re: Installing Wordperfect for Windows 6.1 on Omnibook 300

    On 7 Aug 2006 07:47:36 -0700, "njcounsel@gmail.com"
    wrote:

    >I just purchased the Omnibook 300 with dual 10MB flash cards and have
    >an old version of WP6.1 for Windows on floppy disks. How do I get this
    >program to work with the Omnibook? Can it be installed onto the flash
    >card or a separate pcmcia card? Do I need to purchase a 3.5" floppy
    >drive and if so, where would I find one? Thanks for any help!

    I don't use WP but do have used a few of the older Omnibooks
    such as the 530, 600 and 800 and still own a 530 and two
    800CTs.

    I'm confused about your question. Are you asking how to get
    WP onto your Omnibook (the question about the floppy drive)
    or where to install WP on the 300, (the question about the
    flash card)?

    To install WP you should be able to copy the floppies to a
    flash card using another computer and then install from
    there. If you need a floppy drive you can sometimes find
    them on eBay, or if not, there is an Omnibook mailing list
    devoted to these old Omnibooks. Get back to me here or
    contact me off-line for instructions about subscribing.

    As with any Windows program, WP can be installed to any hard
    drive on the system, including a flash card configured as C:
    or another drive. I suspect you can even install WP to a
    flash card that will not always be in the system as long as
    it has the same logical drive letter each time it is
    installed.

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.