Best pda for my needs ... advice please - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Best pda for my needs ... advice please - Palmtop ; Hi all, I am after a PDA that must have the following features: 1) Mobile phone 2) Plays mp3s and movies (wma, avi etc) 3) Large storage capacity (2gb+) 4) Large enough screen for viewing ebooks and movies 6) Voice ...

  1. Best pda for my needs ... advice please

    Hi all,

    I am after a PDA that must have the following features:

    1) Mobile phone
    2) Plays mp3s and movies (wma, avi etc)
    3) Large storage capacity (2gb+)
    4) Large enough screen for viewing ebooks and movies
    6) Voice recording
    7) Healthy battery life

    Nice to have features:

    1) Charge via USB
    2) Built in GPS (highly unlikely, I know!)

    Thanks
    Yuri

  2. Re: Best pda for my needs ... advice please

    "yuri" wrote in message
    news:1154664437.544696.121330@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am after a PDA that must have the following features:
    >
    > 1) Mobile phone
    > 2) Plays mp3s and movies (wma, avi etc)

    Just about anything on the market that does (1) will also manage (2).

    > 3) Large storage capacity (2gb+)

    Hmm. I'd suggest you revise this to "has a memory card slot." SD / MMC /
    XD / even Sony memory cards are cheap enough these days to question the real
    world advantages of a device with a hard drive.

    Don't get me wrong. Having 4 Gb of built-in space is advantageous... but
    you also have to carry it about and it's detrimental to battery life.

    > 4) Large enough screen for viewing ebooks and movies

    That's personal preference. You may be needing a supercompact notebook.

    > 6) Voice recording
    > 7) Healthy battery life

    Again, that's personal preference. Personally, eight hours of "ordinary
    use" is what I want. My Centrino Duo notebook manages this. My Tungsten
    T2, sadly, is close. But not quite there.

    > Nice to have features:
    >
    > 1) Charge via USB

    > 2) Built in GPS (highly unlikely, I know!)

    What about Bluetooth?

    H'anyway you might want to take a look at the HP59xx series and the Treo
    700w, . My own personal experience of Windows Mobile 5 has been less than
    wonderful and if it were me I'd be waiting for the Treo 700p.

    Actually, I *am* waiting for the UK release...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

+ Reply to Thread