Compiling under PalmOS SDK - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Compiling under PalmOS SDK - Palmtop ; Hello, please read all the message before starting to answer Last message I sent ( http://groups.google.com/group/comp....3dfab8b73c3fde ) I was interested about develop a program that access the Palm Datebook database using just Delphi First at all, I have access to ...

  1. Compiling under PalmOS SDK

    Hello, please read all the message before starting to answer

    Last message I sent (
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....3dfab8b73c3fde
    ) I was interested about develop a program that access the Palm
    Datebook database using just Delphi

    First at all, I have access to the activex of the OleServer interface
    but when the Palm interface call this, it returns a error. So probably
    there is an error about the "translation" that the Delphi 5 (little bit
    old, but it is what I have) makes to access the ActiveX interface. Thus
    I showed this problem to the client and then he told me that, if I
    want I can change the language. But is it possible that this error was
    occurring?

    Good, Excellent. Now I started developing under C/C++, and use the Palm
    OS Development Suite. I think that was a good option, the reason is
    that this interface is well documented.

    But they do not have a BEGINNER tutorial ! I cannot neither compile the
    simplest code ! The eclipse SDK does not help me with my purpose. It
    is not clear to me how to compile under Windows OS. Do I need to make a
    Makefile before? Even if I want to run a simple HelloWorld?

    I have tried to compile a lot of simple codes like helloworld but I
    cannot.... I do not neither know how.

    And then, finally, running a DLL as a Notifier in HotSync, is it
    possible to read the Datebook database, even if I am not the user date?

    Thank you,
    Gustavo Laufer

  2. Re: Compiling under PalmOS SDK

    Complement to "But they do not have a BEGINNER tutorial !"
    ===> the examples that they have are all "part" of the code, neither
    the includes are shown. Neither the function that calls that (the part
    of the code).

    So, if you have one complete example PLEASE SEND ME. It does not need
    to be a complete code, for commercial purpose, but just a hello world
    acessing the database that I should have no problem to compile.

    Thank you, THANK YOU, my life depends of that almost .

    gustavolaufer@gmail.com escreveu:

    > Hello, please read all the message before starting to answer
    >
    > Last message I sent (
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....3dfab8b73c3fde
    > ) I was interested about develop a program that access the Palm
    > Datebook database using just Delphi
    >
    > First at all, I have access to the activex of the OleServer interface
    > but when the Palm interface call this, it returns a error. So probably
    > there is an error about the "translation" that the Delphi 5 (little bit
    > old, but it is what I have) makes to access the ActiveX interface. Thus
    > I showed this problem to the client and then he told me that, if I
    > want I can change the language. But is it possible that this error was
    > occurring?
    >
    > Good, Excellent. Now I started developing under C/C++, and use the Palm
    > OS Development Suite. I think that was a good option, the reason is
    > that this interface is well documented.
    >
    > But they do not have a BEGINNER tutorial ! I cannot neither compile the
    > simplest code ! The eclipse SDK does not help me with my purpose. It
    > is not clear to me how to compile under Windows OS. Do I need to make a
    > Makefile before? Even if I want to run a simple HelloWorld?
    >
    > I have tried to compile a lot of simple codes like helloworld but I
    > cannot.... I do not neither know how.
    >
    > And then, finally, running a DLL as a Notifier in HotSync, is it
    > possible to read the Datebook database, even if I am not the user date?
    >

    > Thank you,
    > Gustavo Laufer

  3. Re: Compiling under PalmOS SDK

    If you can handle C/C++, just use Visual Studio to create a standard Windows
    dll, and add the Conduit "Entry Points". Those are documented in the PDF
    that comes with the Palm SDK

    DataGet® & PocketLog® www.dataget.com
    Data Collectors www.baxcode.com

    wrote in message
    news:1154527656.822056.160090@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Complement to "But they do not have a BEGINNER tutorial !"
    > ===> the examples that they have are all "part" of the code, neither
    > the includes are shown. Neither the function that calls that (the part
    > of the code).
    >
    > So, if you have one complete example PLEASE SEND ME. It does not need
    > to be a complete code, for commercial purpose, but just a hello world
    > acessing the database that I should have no problem to compile.
    >

    > Thank you, THANK YOU, my life depends of that almost .
    >
    > gustavolaufer@gmail.com escreveu:
    >
    > > Hello, please read all the message before starting to answer
    > >
    > > Last message I sent (

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....3dfab8b73c3fde
    > > ) I was interested about develop a program that access the Palm
    > > Datebook database using just Delphi
    > >
    > > First at all, I have access to the activex of the OleServer interface
    > > but when the Palm interface call this, it returns a error. So probably
    > > there is an error about the "translation" that the Delphi 5 (little bit
    > > old, but it is what I have) makes to access the ActiveX interface. Thus
    > > I showed this problem to the client and then he told me that, if I
    > > want I can change the language. But is it possible that this error was
    > > occurring?
    > >
    > > Good, Excellent. Now I started developing under C/C++, and use the Palm
    > > OS Development Suite. I think that was a good option, the reason is
    > > that this interface is well documented.
    > >
    > > But they do not have a BEGINNER tutorial ! I cannot neither compile the
    > > simplest code ! The eclipse SDK does not help me with my purpose. It
    > > is not clear to me how to compile under Windows OS. Do I need to make a
    > > Makefile before? Even if I want to run a simple HelloWorld?
    > >
    > > I have tried to compile a lot of simple codes like helloworld but I
    > > cannot.... I do not neither know how.
    > >
    > > And then, finally, running a DLL as a Notifier in HotSync, is it
    > > possible to read the Datebook database, even if I am not the user date?
    > >

    > > Thank you,
    > > Gustavo Laufer

+ Reply to Thread