Tungsten E2 - HARD software crash - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten E2 - HARD software crash - Palmtop ; I occasionally get a 'Fatal Error' when running Slovoed (foreign language dictionary). A soft reset gets out of the error window. Today, I got a 'Fatal Error' and I can't get out of it! The screen displays the palm logo, ...

  1. Tungsten E2 - HARD software crash

    I occasionally get a 'Fatal Error' when running Slovoed (foreign
    language dictionary). A soft reset gets out of the error window.

    Today, I got a 'Fatal Error' and I can't get out of it! The
    screen displays the palm logo, and I can see the error window
    flashing behind it. Even a hard reset ('Press up to erase all
    data') don't clear the unit.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Tungsten E2 - HARD software crash

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:14:04 -0700, pat dot lawler at verizon dot
    net wrote:

    >I occasionally get a 'Fatal Error' when running Slovoed (foreign
    >language dictionary). A soft reset gets out of the error window.
    >
    >Today, I got a 'Fatal Error' and I can't get out of it! The
    >screen displays the palm logo, and I can see the error window
    >flashing behind it. Even a hard reset ('Press up to erase all
    >data') doesn't clear the unit.

    Never mind. After posting, I found many references to this
    problem. Apparently, this isn't so unusual after all.
    Now I just have to wait for days to let my E2 drain itself (or
    crack the case open or wait for Palm to offer an exchange).
    (Heavy sigh).
    I wish my Sony Clie backlight hadn't broken. I liked that unit.

+ Reply to Thread