What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C? - Palmtop ; What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C? I put in my regular cell phone/cordless phone headset (mic and ear phone)... the voice recorder app came on, and I tried to record a memo... but nothing! no ...

  1. What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    I put in my regular cell phone/cordless phone headset (mic and ear
    phone)... the voice recorder app came on, and I tried to record a
    memo... but nothing! no audio. I even tried 2 different headsets.

    What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

  2. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    "Quasar X" wrote in message

    > What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?
    >
    > I put in my regular cell phone/cordless phone headset (mic and ear
    > phone)... the voice recorder app came on, and I tried to record a
    > memo... but nothing! no audio. I even tried 2 different headsets.
    >

    > What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?
    >

    > .................................................. ..............

    > -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

    I heave had very good results with this product from Mobile Planet:
    http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=106425
    It adapts the T|C's mono output to drive standard stereo headphone output
    through a standard stereo headphone jack. It also has, for your needs, a
    built-in microphone with a button to signal the "phone" (the T|C) that you
    want to make a call (record a voice memo). I use it for quick notes all the
    time - simply pushing the little button launches voice recorder.
    Unfortunatly, plugging and unplugging the adapter sometimes launches voice
    recorder as well... I think the plug makes a contact in the socket that
    makes T|C think somebody pushed the mike button on the adapter. The T|C uses
    a non-standard plug configuration, forcing you to buy a palm product - this
    work-around product actually works better because I have a favorite set of
    headphones I like to listen to books on. Good Luck.

  3. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    I think you need a special headset purchased from palm themselves. A cell
    phone headset won't work from what I remember. I have my Tungsten C for
    almost three years and although I haven't really used that feature other
    than to see if and how it works I'm very happy with it.

    "Quasar X" wrote in message

    > What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?
    >
    > I put in my regular cell phone/cordless phone headset (mic and ear
    > phone)... the voice recorder app came on, and I tried to record a
    > memo... but nothing! no audio. I even tried 2 different headsets.
    >

    > What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?
    >

    > .................................................. ..............

    > -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

  4. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    Quasar X wrote:

    >What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?
    >
    >I put in my regular cell phone/cordless phone headset (mic and ear
    >phone)... the voice recorder app came on, and I tried to record a
    >memo... but nothing! no audio. I even tried 2 different headsets.
    >

    >What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    I found that a Nokia headset worked fine.
    The connection in the T|C uses what looks like a standard connection -
    but rather than running in stereo, it uses one path for in and the
    other for out. I presume that it is wired the same way as a Nokia
    phone - hence - pressing to talk on a Nokia microphone did wake up the
    voice recorder on the Palm.
    However, I only ever used it once or twice and have since lost the
    headset.
    --
    Rgds
    Paul Webster

  5. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    In article <496ed2pi03oij9hi0n5j5mjqk7iabps1j5@4ax.com>,
    Paul Webster
    wrote:

    > The connection in the T|C uses what looks like a standard connection -
    > but rather than running in stereo, it uses one path for in and the
    > other for out. I presume that it is wired the same way as a Nokia
    > phone - hence - pressing to talk on a Nokia microphone did wake up the
    > voice recorder on the Palm.
    > However, I only ever used it once or twice and have since lost the
    > headset.

    I googled "voice memo Tungsten C" and came across an article that said
    the device has the same headphone jack as Nokia phones ...

  6. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    Snip snip
    > I found that a Nokia headset worked fine.

    I have never tried a Nokia branded headset, but have used a variety of
    clone headsets on a variety of Tungsten Cs.

    A few didn't work at all, a few crashed the TC each time after each
    headset button press.

    I did find one clone which sounded OK (better than the built-in mic on
    T3). However, periodically it would crash the TC: Sometimes on button
    press, some times after dictating for a bit I'd look down and see the
    TC was rebooting.

    Never successfully traced the problem.

    Which voice record are you using?

  7. Re: What do I need to Voice Record on a Tungsten C?

    Guy Bannis wrote:

    >In article <496ed2pi03oij9hi0n5j5mjqk7iabps1j5@4ax.com>,
    > Paul Webster
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The connection in the T|C uses what looks like a standard connection -
    >> but rather than running in stereo, it uses one path for in and the
    >> other for out. I presume that it is wired the same way as a Nokia
    >> phone - hence - pressing to talk on a Nokia microphone did wake up the
    >> voice recorder on the Palm.
    >> However, I only ever used it once or twice and have since lost the
    >> headset.

    >I googled "voice memo Tungsten C" and came across an article that said
    >the device has the same headphone jack as Nokia phones ...

    If you googled "Google groups" you might also find that I said the
    same thing here (comp.sys.palmtops.pilot) back in June 2003
    http://tinyurl.com/m6mdu

    --
    Rgds
    Paul Webster