Question on Multi-unit functionality - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Question on Multi-unit functionality - Palmtop ; I have several work sites that I visit every day. I have access to all the hardware and Admin rights on the OS (Windows XP). The sites all have internet access, a main computer hooked up to a small router/switch ...

  1. Question on Multi-unit functionality

    I have several work sites that I visit every day. I have access to
    all the hardware and Admin rights on the OS (Windows XP). The sites all
    have internet access, a main computer hooked up to a small
    router/switch (no wireless capability). I need to be able to access the
    internet and the main computer to transfer files from my laptop while I
    am in the building. I presently have a Palm 700w and I am getting ready
    to buy an Intel laptop. The Palm has Internet access and I retrieve
    email from my comcast account regularly. It has integrated Bluetooth
    (and so will the laptop). I plan on synching email and files between
    the two.
    Is there a bluetooth or wireless USB stick that can allow me to
    piggyback onto the main computer at the site and access the internet,
    or will I have to go to the router? If so, what device do I use?
    Any tips?

    Thanks,

    Mike

  2. Re: Question on Multi-unit functionality

    On 16 Jul 2006 19:55:02 -0700, Wiley99@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have several work sites that I visit every day. I have access to
    >all the hardware and Admin rights on the OS (Windows XP). The sites all
    >have internet access, a main computer hooked up to a small
    >router/switch (no wireless capability). I need to be able to access the
    >internet and the main computer to transfer files from my laptop while I
    >am in the building. I presently have a Palm 700w and I am getting ready
    >to buy an Intel laptop. The Palm has Internet access and I retrieve
    >email from my comcast account regularly. It has integrated Bluetooth
    >(and so will the laptop). I plan on synching email and files between
    >the two.
    > Is there a bluetooth or wireless USB stick that can allow me to
    >piggyback onto the main computer at the site and access the internet,
    >or will I have to go to the router? If so, what device do I use?
    > Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    If you are asking about a usb-to-Bluetooth adapter, there
    are many. However, all require that the Bluetooth software
    be installed on the host computer. Do you have rights to
    install software on the desktop computers you want to
    connect to?

    --
    Vic Roberts
    Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.