Palm Tungsten E wont stay switched off - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Tungsten E wont stay switched off - Palmtop ; If I switch off my Tungsten E, it switches back on again shortly afterwards, and the auto-off often doesn't work. This used to happen occasionally, but now it happens repeatedly, particularly if it is moved (eg putting it down on ...

  1. Palm Tungsten E wont stay switched off

    If I switch off my Tungsten E, it switches back on again shortly afterwards,
    and the auto-off often doesn't work. This used to happen occasionally, but
    now it happens repeatedly, particularly if it is moved (eg putting it down
    on a table will cause it to come on, or tapping the back lightly). This
    means the handheld is now unusable because as soon as I take it off the
    mains, it drains the battery, even when I am not using it. Can anybody help
    please?

    I'm using Palm OS v5.2.1 and have removed all third party software.

    Bella

  2. Re: Palm Tungsten E wont stay switched off

    Aldrich wrote:
    > If I switch off my Tungsten E, it switches back on again shortly afterwards,
    > and the auto-off often doesn't work. This used to happen occasionally, but
    > now it happens repeatedly, particularly if it is moved (eg putting it down
    > on a table will cause it to come on, or tapping the back lightly). This
    > means the handheld is now unusable because as soon as I take it off the
    > mains, it drains the battery, even when I am not using it. Can anybody help
    > please?
    >
    > I'm using Palm OS v5.2.1 and have removed all third party software.
    >
    > Bella

    The power switch is a week hardware component of the TE. May break
    their solder connections loos from the circuit board and then fail to
    turn the unit ON when pressed. I wonder if perhaps there is something
    related to this with your unit. The TE can be taken apart very easily
    if you remove the four torx head screws then pry the back half off the
    front. Check it out.

+ Reply to Thread