Palm Email applications - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Email applications - Palmtop ; Got a TX. Inbuilt Versamail is rubbish - doesnt sync with Outlook, in my experience. Any recommendations for better stuff? I see palm are selling an earlier version of Versamail for download on their US site which actualyl seems more ...

  1. Palm Email applications

    Got a TX. Inbuilt Versamail is rubbish - doesnt sync with Outlook, in my
    experience.

    Any recommendations for better stuff? I see palm are selling an earlier
    version of Versamail for download on their US site which actualyl seems more
    feature rich than the later TX version - any good?

    DataViz do some applications but they cant cope with synching with multiple
    email folders (or even a single specified folder other than the inbox)

    Would want to sync with MS Outlook at home and have chance to download
    wirelessly whilst out and about.

    PS. Thank god for the net's help pages on how to restore Graffiti 1 over
    Graffiti 2 on the TX

  2. Re: Palm Email applications

    ITMA <123@123456.com> wrote:

    > Got a TX. Inbuilt Versamail is rubbish - doesnt sync with Outlook, in my
    > experience.
    >
    > Any recommendations for better stuff?

    Better than Outlook?
    Loads.
    As for Versamail, works for me, but I use IMAP.

    No help I know but I couldn't resist the dig. Sorry. Ignore me :-)

    --
    to email me please go here
    http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.html

  3. Re: Palm Email applications

    ITMA schrieb:

    >Got a TX. Inbuilt Versamail is rubbish - doesnt sync with Outlook, in my
    >experience.
    >
    >Any recommendations for better stuff?

    As Outlook also is rubbish I didn't try any Outlook connectivity, but
    PaPi-Mail was the client I liked best.

  4. Re: Palm Email applications

    ray schrieb:

    >As for Versamail, works for me, but I use IMAP.

    I didn't fine much useful for IMAP. PaPi-Mail was the most useful I
    found, but unfortunately not freeware.

  5. Re: Palm Email applications

    ITMA wrote:
    > Got a TX. Inbuilt Versamail is rubbish - doesnt sync with Outlook, in my
    > experience.

    I use Versamail with Eudora 6.x and therr's been no trouble at all.
    - henry

  6. Re: Palm Email applications

    To: ITMA
    ITMA wrote:
    > Any recommendations for better stuff? I see palm are selling an earlier
    > version of Versamail for download on their US site which actualyl seems more
    > feature rich than the later TX version - any good?
    >
    > DataViz do some applications but they cant cope with synching with multiple
    > email folders (or even a single specified folder other than the inbox)
    >
    > Would want to sync with MS Outlook at home and have chance to download
    > wirelessly whilst out and about.

    It sounds like you're not very happy with your TX. Have you considered
    switching to (whispers as not to be overheard) a Windows based PDA?

    As far as sync with outlook, have you tried? I don't have a TX, but my
    T3 will sync with outlook using versamail just fine.
    --- Synchronet 3.13a-Win32 NewsLink 1.83
    Shadow River BBS http://shadowriver.homeip.net:9003

  7. Re: Palm Email applications

    > It sounds like you're not very happy with your TX. Have you considered
    > switching to (whispers as not to be overheard) a Windows based PDA?

    Yes, and certainly will next time. Palm is pants. My TX has just developed
    that classic Palm problem, that seemingly never affects Windows based PDAs -
    digitiser drift. Thank God for PowerDigi or else the thing would have gone
    straight in the bin. How do Palm get away with (i) repeatedly selling crap
    products, and (ii) ignoring all attempts by reasonable people to gain their
    assistance or else to at least feed them constructive criticism so they can
    improve?

+ Reply to Thread