Docs-to-Go problem, please help a newbie! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Docs-to-Go problem, please help a newbie! - Palmtop ; Hi everyone, Great to find you; thanks in advance for any help to this relative newbie. I have a new Tungsten E2 (I previously had an E; upgraded for better battery life.) Everything is syncing well, except I can't get ...

  1. Docs-to-Go problem, please help a newbie!

    Hi everyone,
    Great to find you; thanks in advance for any help to this relative
    newbie.
    I have a new Tungsten E2 (I previously had an E; upgraded for better
    battery life.) Everything is syncing well, except I can't get two Excel
    documents onto the SD card (I had no problem on the E.) I keep getting
    a message in the log that states, "Failed to install (filename) to the
    SecureDigital (SD) Card
    - No application on your handheld to open these files." The files tha I
    want to move to the Palm show up on the host Docs-2-Go desktop, but
    they don't go to the Palm. Any ideas?
    Thanks! Jenn

  2. Re: Docs-to-Go problem, please help a newbie!

    __/ [ Jenn ] on Sunday 07 May 2006 17:17 \__

    > Hi everyone,
    > Great to find you; thanks in advance for any help to this relative
    > newbie.
    > I have a new Tungsten E2 (I previously had an E; upgraded for better
    > battery life.) Everything is syncing well, except I can't get two Excel
    > documents onto the SD card (I had no problem on the E.) I keep getting
    > a message in the log that states, "Failed to install (filename) to the
    > SecureDigital (SD) Card
    > - No application on your handheld to open these files." The files tha I
    > want to move to the Palm show up on the host Docs-2-Go desktop, but
    > they don't go to the Palm. Any ideas?
    > Thanks! Jenn

    Where *else* have you posted this...?

    Roy

  3. Re: Docs-to-Go problem, please help a newbie!

    Have you tried to copy the files to palm by using the USB function?

    DocToGo should then find the documents. And you should be able to open
    the files.

    Also I've read some postings that may indicate that DocToGo has a
    problem with some settings in Excel/Word files.

    Oliver Ott

+ Reply to Thread