TRGPro "advance" usage... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TRGPro "advance" usage... - Palmtop ; Greetings, Few days ago, i became a user of brand new Handera TRGPro PDA. A company in Croatia had several of these PDAs in original packages that they haven't sold when they should have, so i acquired few of these ...

  1. TRGPro "advance" usage...

    Greetings,

    Few days ago, i became a user of brand new Handera TRGPro PDA. A company
    in Croatia had several of these PDAs in original packages that they
    haven't sold when they should have, so i acquired few of these at very
    popular prices (~50$). The reason i specifically searched for TRGPro was
    speed, responsiveness, expected low price, AAA batteries power and CF
    slot. Needless to say, i'm very satisfied but i'd like to "expand" its
    functionality...

    First of all, software. I browsed through http://www.freewarepalm.com/ and
    found several handy tools, but nothing spectacular. I'm primarily
    searching quality document browsers (HTML, PDF, TXT, e-books...). Is there
    any other freeware Palm software page (this is suppose to be freeware, but
    many programs are demo/sharewares) and what document reader do you
    recommend?

    And now, connectivity. I tried to work something out with SE K300 and SE
    K750 (that has built in modem), but i belive that kind of procedures
    require additional software and even hardware. I am equipped and willing
    to do hardware DIY projects if necessary, but what i basically want is any
    type of network connection that would allow me to send mails. What mobile
    phones are supported to do that via GPRS? Is there a CF card that would
    allow anything similar?

    Also, as far as i've heard, TRGPro's IR has quite extensive range. AFAIK,
    there are programs for SE mobile phones, for example, that emulate remote
    controller for DVD player, TV and stuff. Anything of such type for Palms?

    Thanks in advance...

    --
    Documentation is like sex: when it's good, it's very, very good; when it's
    bad, it's better than nothing.

  2. Re: TRGPro "advance" usage...

    On 2006-05-07, Bubba wrote:
    > First of all, software. I browsed through http://www.freewarepalm.com/ and
    > found several handy tools, but nothing spectacular. I'm primarily
    > searching quality document browsers (HTML, PDF, TXT, e-books...).

    I like Plucker (HTML, TXT, anything that can be converted to HTML), and
    CardTXT (edit text files on the memory card, unlimited size, unlike the
    Memo app). A lot of people appear to like AvantGo, though I haven't used
    it.

    Get AutoCF; it lets you run programs off the CF card, so you can keep a
    lot of RAM free.

    There's "ptelnet" which is a good telnet/serial terminal.

    > Is there any other freeware Palm software page

    You can look at the Yahoo groups "T-U-G" and "TRGPro_Users_Group".
    Also "HandEraUsersGroup" and "heos41".

    > And now, connectivity.

    The TRG Pro can use CF modems and even CF wireless cards
    (wifi/802.11b). I've got a Wifi card for my Handera 330 (the TRG Pro's
    big brother) and it works fine. There are phones with IR ports so you
    could get on the web that way, too. The Eudora Internet Suite is old,
    but has a good Palm mail client, and is free.

    > Also, as far as i've heard, TRGPro's IR has quite extensive range. AFAIK,
    > there are programs for SE mobile phones, for example, that emulate remote
    > controller for DVD player, TV and stuff. Anything of such type for Palms?

    None free, but OmniRemote is supposed to be good.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "[B]eing able to break security doesn't make you a hacker any more
    than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive engineer."
    - Eric Scott Raymond

+ Reply to Thread