Plastic Films for PPC LCDs - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Plastic Films for PPC LCDs - Palmtop ; Do a lot of people use these things? Is it worth the trouble placing and removing them everytime. I worry that the stress to the LCD everytime you put and remove them might do more dmage to the screen... Cheers,...

  1. Plastic Films for PPC LCDs

    Do a lot of people use these things? Is it worth the trouble placing and
    removing them everytime. I worry that the stress to the LCD everytime you
    put and remove them might do more dmage to the screen...

    Cheers,

  2. Re: Plastic Films for PPC LCDs

    __/ [ Ramon ] on Friday 05 May 2006 06:38 \__

    > Do a lot of people use these things? Is it worth the trouble placing and
    > removing them everytime. I worry that the stress to the LCD everytime you
    > put and remove them might do more dmage to the screen...
    >
    > Cheers,

    In almost 4 years I have not used screen protectors and all was fairly
    okay. There were some visible scratch marks on the Palm M130, but nothing
    radical. Other people seem to have reported about similar experiences. It
    appears like more of a marketing scheme or a product which is suited for
    those who like their device to remain in mint condition.

    If you worry about the Graffiti area, consider using duct tape. If it has
    the right 'feel', it can achieve the required effect and protect as well
    as these overpriced overlays.

    PS'en:

    * I believe, although I am not sure, that this is a Palm-oriented group
    rather than a Pocket PC (Windows Mobile/CE) group.

    * Please do not multipost...

    Crossposted to: alt.comp.sys.palmtops

+ Reply to Thread