FatalException in VersaMail v2.5.1 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on FatalException in VersaMail v2.5.1 - Palmtop ; Hello, My father is having problems VersaMail v2.5.1 and Fatal Exception errors. Even when deleting e-mails from the Tungsten C PDA's VersaMail and downloading e-mails from EarthLink (POP3), FatalException error occurs. How do I fix this without losing any e-mails ...

  1. FatalException in VersaMail v2.5.1

    Hello,

    My father is having problems VersaMail v2.5.1 and Fatal Exception errors.

    Even when deleting e-mails from the Tungsten C PDA's VersaMail and downloading e-mails from
    EarthLink (POP3), FatalException error occurs.

    How do I fix this without losing any e-mails on the PDA? The PDA is using PalmOS 5 and the
    latest ROM. I am going to assume that the e-mail file(s) is/are corrupted that cause this hard
    crash.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee...gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own." --Leonardo da Vinci
    /\___/\
    ( )

  2. Re: FatalException in VersaMail v2.5.1

    In alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > Hello,

    > My father is having problems VersaMail v2.5.1 and Fatal Exception errors.

    > Even when deleting e-mails from the Tungsten C PDA's VersaMail and downloading e-mails from
    > EarthLink (POP3), FatalException error occurs.

    > How do I fix this without losing any e-mails on the PDA? The PDA is using PalmOS 5 and the
    > latest ROM. I am going to assume that the e-mail file(s) is/are corrupted that cause this hard
    > crash.

    > Thank you in advance.

    Follow-up with more datas/finds:

    It seems like only EarthLink's trash folder cause the crashes. Empty trash = crash. Delete an e-mail in index/list
    mode = crash. Read an e-mail and then delete, no crash but nothing happens! I think this is what makes VersaMail
    blow up. E-mail(s) are not being deleted from Trash folder.

    I was told to delete all MM* files with Filez. Is this safe? What are these MM files? Do they all belong to
    VersaMail? Is there a way to figure out which file(s) belong to EarthLink profile and/or trash folder?

    I hope this helps to get some answers to fix this problem.
    --
    "The men of experiment are like the ant; they only collect and use. But the bee...gathers its materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own." --Leonardo da Vinci
    /\___/\
    ( )

  3. Re: FatalException in VersaMail v2.5.1

    In alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > In alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot ANTant@zimage.com wrote:
    > > Hello,

    > > My father is having problems VersaMail v2.5.1 and Fatal Exception errors.

    > > Even when deleting e-mails from the Tungsten C PDA's VersaMail and downloading e-mails from
    > > EarthLink (POP3), FatalException error occurs.

    > > How do I fix this without losing any e-mails on the PDA? The PDA is using PalmOS 5 and the
    > > latest ROM. I am going to assume that the e-mail file(s) is/are corrupted that cause this hard
    > > crash.

    > > Thank you in advance.

    > Follow-up with more datas/finds:

    > It seems like only EarthLink's trash folder cause the crashes. Empty trash = crash. Delete an e-mail in index/list
    > mode = crash. Read an e-mail and then delete, no crash but nothing happens! I think this is what makes VersaMail
    > blow up. E-mail(s) are not being deleted from Trash folder.

    > I was told to delete all MM* files with Filez. Is this safe? What are these MM files? Do they all belong to
    > VersaMail? Is there a way to figure out which file(s) belong to EarthLink profile and/or trash folder?

    > I hope this helps to get some answers to fix this problem.

    Weird, it happened again. I wonder why. Had to delete and reconfigure the account.
    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\
    ( )

+ Reply to Thread