This is a discussion on New Yanoff v3.2 Usenet Newsreader for Palm Now Available - Palmtop ; FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEW YANOFF VERSION 3.2 USENET NEWSREADER FOR PALM OS NOW AVAILABLE April 10, 2006 SonLight Software today officially released New Yanoff version 3.2, the premiere portable news reader for Palm OS. New Yanoff is an online/offline Usenet ...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YANOFF VERSION 3.2 USENET NEWSREADER FOR PALM OS NOW AVAILABLE
April 10, 2006
SonLight Software today officially released New Yanoff version 3.2,
the premiere portable news reader for Palm OS.
New Yanoff is an online/offline Usenet NNTP news reader for pa1mOne and
Palm OS-compatible PDA's. New Yanoff is offered in two versions:
Yanoff- and Yanoff+.
Yanoff- is the freeware version which features:
* Full compatibility with OS4 and OS5 (Garnet) & all new HW
* Event (e.g. error) and port logging (allows for uninterrupted
* Multiple download methods (e.g. Batch-Header-now with Body-later)
* Outgoing support for news (NNTP) and simple email (SMTP)
* Context-sensitive, user-definable buttons
* Audible feedback/alerts
* Multiple-server support
* Essential MIME support
Yanoff+ is the advanced commercial version which contains everything
in Yanoff- plus much more, including:
* Hi-Res, non-square, full/wide, and landscape (rotated) screen
* Selectable fonts (full Fonts4OS5 and FontSubst compatibility)
* Context-sensitive, user-definable actions for FiveWay & JogDial
* Progress dialogs and cancel/defer/resume ability for long
* Thread caching for radical speed increases in article threading
* Killfile and other Anti-SPAM features
* Authenticated login support for SMTP
* Global Find support
* SentBox option
Yanoff+ can be operated in trialware mode for 15 days after which it
locks down to the Yanoff- feature set. Users can purchase an unlock
for $24.00 (US) via SonLight Software's online store which restores the
locked features of expired Yanoff+.
New Yanoff version 3.2 for Palm OS can be downloaded from the following
* pa1mOne or Palm OS-compatible PDA running Palm OS version 3.5 or
* internet connectivity (PalmPhone, WiFi or PC host via
Copyright (©) 2006 SonLight Software. All rights reserved.