Palm TX questions - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX questions - Palmtop ; I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take a large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same ...

  1. Palm TX questions

    I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift
    and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take a
    large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same frustration?

    Anyone in the UK know how the Wi-Fi thing works in practice? All very well
    Palm saying I need an ISP and service plan but who's that with and is it
    available on a pay as you go basis, or will I need to have a monthly direct
    debit?

    Can it sync to my PC via Bluetooth? Someone on this group was saying the
    Bluetooth only connects to GSM phones. Why not a Bluetooth 'dongle' plugged
    into my PC?

  2. Re: Palm TX questions

    "ITMA" <123@123456.com> wrote in message
    > I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift
    > and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take
    > a large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same
    > frustration?

    Have you given either device a hard reset and reinstall to solve the memory
    issue?

    > Anyone in the UK know how the Wi-Fi thing works in practice? All very
    > well Palm saying I need an ISP and service plan but who's that with and is
    > it available on a pay as you go basis, or will I need to have a monthly
    > direct debit?

    I've only used WiFi-equipped PDAs on the train, at Starbucks and similar.
    They work just grand for the most part *apart* from battery life.

    WiFi just isn't a priority for me.

    > Can it sync to my PC via Bluetooth?

    Yes.

    > Someone on this group was saying the Bluetooth only connects to GSM
    > phones. Why not a Bluetooth 'dongle' plugged into my PC?

    Yup. I've Bluetooth-sync'd many a device to a PC. WiFi syncing is
    something else heh.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  3. Re: Palm TX questions

    Per ITMA:
    >I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift
    >and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take a
    >large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same frustration?

    Haven't noted either on my TX, but the graffiti-ing is terrible.

    Dunno if I have a bad screen or not, but the problem persists even with a hard
    reset (i.e nothing in the thing except what's hard-wired). I came from a Clie
    and if the Clie was a "10", this thing is a 2 or a 3.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  4. Re: Palm TX questions

    (PeteCresswell) wrote:

    > Per ITMA:
    > >I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift
    > >and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take a
    > >large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same frustration?

    > Haven't noted either on my TX, but the graffiti-ing is terrible.

    True but PalmInfo have instructions on how to get Graffiti 1 on newer
    Palms:

    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=5830

    check the 5/2005 update near the end of the instructions where there is
    a link to download the appropriately tweeked pdbs - worked a treat for
    me.

    tony

  5. Re: Palm TX questions

    I've never noticed any problems with graffiti on my T|X.

    G2 was learned easily enough on my Zire71. It is a bit different, but
    doesn't take long to master.

    Pete

    In article ,
    "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

    > Per ITMA:
    > >I've had a Vx and an m500. They were both susceptical to digitiser drift
    > >and screen freezes through age and as any one application started to take a
    > >large chunk of the memory. Does the TX suffer from this same frustration?

    > Haven't noted either on my TX, but the graffiti-ing is terrible.
    >
    > Dunno if I have a bad screen or not, but the problem persists even with a
    > hard
    > reset (i.e nothing in the thing except what's hard-wired). I came from a
    > Clie
    > and if the Clie was a "10", this thing is a 2 or a 3.

+ Reply to Thread