Graffiti on Treo 650 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Graffiti on Treo 650 - Palmtop ; Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine about five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on the Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" ...

  1. Graffiti on Treo 650

    Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine about
    five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on the
    Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I didn't
    install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it installed if
    there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti more.

  2. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine about
    > five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on the
    > Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I didn't
    > install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it installed if
    > there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti more.

    you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/

    renchi

  3. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    Thanks so much for the link. I'm definately going to try it.

    wrote in message
    news:1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Scooterflex wrote:
    > > Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine

    about
    > > five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on

    the
    > > Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I

    didn't
    > > install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it

    installed if
    > > there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti

    more.

    > you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    > http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    >
    > renchi

  4. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > Thanks so much for the link. I'm definately going to try it.
    >
    > wrote in message
    > news:1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Scooterflex wrote:
    >>> Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine

    > about
    >>> five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on

    > the
    >>> Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I

    > didn't
    >>> install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it

    > installed if
    >>> there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti

    > more.
    >> you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    >> http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    >>
    >> renchi

    I downloaded this app and enabled it for Memos with the right lower
    corner screen tap. However I can't get it to do anything. How do you
    activate the application on a treo 650?

  5. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    In article <1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    renchi@gmail.com wrote:

    > Scooterflex wrote:
    > > Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine about
    > > five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported on the
    > > Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I didn't
    > > install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it installed if
    > > there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti more.

    > you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    > http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    >
    > renchi

    I tried the free demo and have to say it did not work for me. Too slow
    and not as responsive as I remember Grafitti. I FileZed it.

    To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

  6. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    You have to restart the Treo. I turned off the phone and removed my battery
    then started itup again and it worked for me.

    "jppayne" wrote in message
    > Scooterflex wrote:
    > > Thanks so much for the link. I'm definately going to try it.
    > >
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...

    > > about

    on
    > > the

    > > didn't

    > > installed if

    > > more.
    > >> you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    > >> http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    > >>
    > >> renchi
    > >>

    > I downloaded this app and enabled it for Memos with the right lower
    > corner screen tap. However I can't get it to do anything. How do you
    > activate the application on a treo 650?

  7. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650

    It's not perfect but I think it's just a learning curve.

    "Harlan Lachman" wrote in message
    > In article <1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    > renchi@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Scooterflex wrote:
    > > > Is there anyway to get Graffiti on the Treo 650? When I bought mine

    about
    > > > five weeks ago I got an error saying that Graffiti was not supported

    on the
    > > > Treo and it popped the file into a "not compatible" directory but I

    didn't
    > > > install it. So, where did it come from. I would like to have it

    installed if
    > > > there's any way. I like using the key board but I like using Graffiti

    more.

    > > you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    > > http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    > >
    > > renchi

    > I tried the free demo and have to say it did not work for me. Too slow
    > and not as responsive as I remember Grafitti. I FileZed it.

    > --
    > To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

  8. Re: Graffiti on Treo 650 (working!)

    Scooterflex wrote:
    > It's not perfect but I think it's just a learning curve.
    >
    > "Harlan Lachman" wrote in message
    >> In article <1144380879.271623.79670@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>,
    >> renchi@gmail.com wrote:

    > about

    > on the

    > didn't

    > installed if

    > more.
    >>> you may want to try "graffiti anywhere":
    >>> http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/
    >>>
    >>> renchi

    >> I tried the free demo and have to say it did not work for me. Too slow
    >> and not as responsive as I remember Grafitti. I FileZed it.

    >> --
    >> To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?

    I got it working. Seems there are 2 memo entries under applications, one
    is Memos, the other is memo pad. I had the wrong one turned on. The
    instructions for new users could be better but it does work very well
    once you figure it out. I looked up the proper method of drawing
    graffiti characters and that helped a lot.

+ Reply to Thread