Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures! - Palmtop ; Hello, I would appreciate any help on this matter: I don't know what I could be doing wrong but I can't get ANY pictures uploaded on my Tungsten E2. I don't have SD cards but my system memory is free. ...

  1. Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures!

    Hello,
    I would appreciate any help on this matter:
    I don't know what I could be doing wrong but I can't get ANY pictures
    uploaded on my Tungsten E2. I don't have SD cards but my system memory
    is free. All I see are those 2 default pictures... Arrrrgth!!! What am
    I doing wrong, or what am I not doing at all....?
    Thanks,

    Gil

  2. Re: Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures!

    "McMac" wrote:

    >Hello,
    > I would appreciate any help on this matter:
    > I don't know what I could be doing wrong
    > but I can't get ANY pictures uploaded on
    > my Tungsten E2. (snip)

    Are you following the instructions under "Using Palm Photos" in the
    manual? If so, have you read the Macintosh "Photo and Audio Readme"
    file in the documentation folder (located in the Palm folder)? If
    neither of these resolve the problem, you may be trying to copy images
    too large for the memory. If that is not the case, please be a little
    more specific about what exactly you are doing and what the results of
    that are. This might help narrow down the problem somewhat.

    Stewart

  3. Re: Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures!

    Ok, let's try narrowing things down. First of all I just downloaded all
    the manuals available on the Support for Palm Tungsten E Handhelds site
    (http://www.palm.com/us/support/tungstene/handbooks.html).
    The "Read This First" guide is not the case;
    The "Tungsten E Handobook" refers to a chapter 11 (pg 109) "USING PALM
    PHOTOS", which I understood as a software that I don't have, did'n come
    with my CD installer and is not available on their site (at least I
    couldn't find the link for Macintosh OS based computers - It seems like
    it's only for windows (?)),
    And the last one is the simplified "Getting Started with Photos
    (yeah...I wish..), Music and Videos". On pg 3 it says to use the "SEND
    TO DROPLET" to transfer images after the HotSync opp. Ha-Ha-Ha...
    really??? Nothing happens! I've tried JPGs, PDFs, GIFs all small files
    and nothing...
    It's really something either stupid that I'm missing or in fact it's
    impossible to upload and view pictures on this E2, maybe defective???

    I'm using Palm OSŪ Garnet v. 5.4.7,
    The Palm Desktop is v. 4.2.1,
    HotSync v 3.2.1,

    I haven't tried yet to load films on it... Anyways, it directs the clip
    to the SD card (I don't have one). I read somewhere that I need to
    install QuickTime on my Palm? And somewhere else I read that I should
    install the "KINOMA" software - which again was not part of my
    "software essencials" folder in my original CD...

    The only multimedia apps on the palm device are: "MEDIA", "REALPLAYER",
    and "WEB".

    The "Photo and Audio Readme" file does not add any new information. It
    says the same thing on another file (Use droplet, blablabla...)

    I'm really lost here....
    Thanks again.

  4. Re: Help: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures!

    "McMac" wrote:
    > (snip) The "Tungsten E Handbook" refers to
    > a chapter 11 (pg 109) "USING PALM PHOTOS",
    > which I understood as a software that I don't
    > have, did'nt come with my CD installer and is
    > not available on their site (at least I couldn't
    > find the link for Macintosh OS based computers -
    > It seems like it's only for windows (?)), (snip)

    Sorry about that. You're right - the Palm Photos application is a
    Windows only option.

    > And the last one is the simplified "Getting Started
    > with Photos (yeah...I wish..), Music and Videos".
    > On pg 3 it says to use the "SEND TO DROPLET" to
    > transfer images after the HotSync opp. Ha-Ha-Ha...
    > really??? Nothing happens! I've tried JPGs, PDFs,
    > GIFs all small files and nothing... (snip)

    This is one of those times where it would be nice to have a Mac
    sitting in front of me. I occasionally use one for work (but rarely
    for Palm related activities), while I have a PC sitting in front of me
    here at home. Anyway, check the "Send to Handheld" droplet for any
    missed settings, though I doubt settings are the real problem.
    Regardless, check that you're sending the files to the correct user
    (the correct user name for your device).

    Here is a web site outlining the steps to transfer graphics files
    from a Mac to a Palm...

    http://www.shadovitz.com:16080/palm/photo/

    Perhaps you can find something there.

    > It's really something either stupid that I'm missing
    > or in fact it's impossible to upload and view
    > pictures on this E2, maybe defective??? (snip)

    I doubt there is anything wrong with the Palm hardware itself. This
    sounds much more like a software or user issue. I assume you have no
    problems synching other items to the Palm, which suggests the conduits
    are setup correctly.

    Try manually installing the graphics files using the "Install
    Handheld Files" window. Transfer them just as you would any other
    application or file. Do remember you need an application on the Palm
    to view the files (iPhoto or some other image editing application).

    If that works, focus again on that "Send to Handheld" droplet as the
    source of the problem (settings, damaged, currupt, or whatever).

    Really wish I could offer something more concrete.

    Stewart

  5. Re: Tungsten E2 on Mac. No pictures!

    "McMac" wrote in message
    news:1144340168.495709.85650@v46g2000cwv.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hello,
    > I would appreciate any help on this matter:
    > I don't know what I could be doing wrong but I can't get ANY pictures
    > uploaded on my Tungsten E2. I don't have SD cards but my system memory
    > is free. All I see are those 2 default pictures... Arrrrgth!!! What am
    > I doing wrong, or what am I not doing at all....?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gil

    I'm no Mac expert, but I know on my palm I have to put the pictures into the
    folder for the viewer, in my case picture gear. If I just transfer them to
    the card I can see them there when I access the card but can't view the
    picture.

    Hope this helps,

    Marc

+ Reply to Thread