Problem Moving Calendar Events - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Problem Moving Calendar Events - Palmtop ; I have Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for my Windows XP Home Edition desktop. When I am in the weekly view of the calendar and try to move an event from one day to another, the event will not go to ...

  1. Problem Moving Calendar Events

    I have Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for my Windows XP Home Edition
    desktop. When I am in the weekly view of the calendar and try to move
    an event from one day to another, the event will not go to the
    designated day. Instead, it goes to the day BEFORE the day I want it
    to go to. However, when I type in a new event, it stays on the day I
    type it into. Anybody know why and how I can fix it? Thanks. (I
    don't yet have a Palm handheld device, because I want to see how I like
    the Palm Desktop calendar, then I'll buy a handheld.)

  2. Re: Problem Moving Calendar Events

    On 5 Apr 2006 22:19:27 -0700, "Jim" wrote:

    > I have Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for my Windows
    > XP Home Edition desktop. When I am in the
    > weekly view of the calendar and try to move an
    > event from one day to another, the event will not
    > go to the designated day. Instead, it goes to the
    > day BEFORE the day I want it to go to. (snip)
    >
    > (snip) (I don't yet have a Palm handheld device,
    > because I want to see how I like the Palm Desktop
    > calendar, then I'll buy a handheld.)

    Since this does not happen in my software, it is not normal behavior.
    Perhaps your problem is related to not having a Palm device synched to
    the software. The Palm desktop software was designed to work with a
    Palm device, not really as separate software. Some of the settings
    used by that software, such as time zone, world region, DST, and so
    on, are entered into the Palm device. Just a guess, but without that,
    your Palm desktop software may be confused about this information,
    affecting the overall behavior of the software.

    Regardless, there are several ways to move events - dragging and
    dropping, the edit window, and so on. Try other methods to see if the
    results are better.

    Stewart

  3. Re: Problem Moving Calendar Events

    I've run into this a couple times on different computers with different
    versions of Palm Desktop. Don't know the cause, but restarting the
    Desktop software has always fixed it for me...

    Jim wrote:
    > I have Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for my Windows XP Home Edition
    > desktop. When I am in the weekly view of the calendar and try to move
    > an event from one day to another, the event will not go to the
    > designated day. Instead, it goes to the day BEFORE the day I want it
    > to go to. However, when I type in a new event, it stays on the day I
    > type it into. Anybody know why and how I can fix it? Thanks. (I
    > don't yet have a Palm handheld device, because I want to see how I like
    > the Palm Desktop calendar, then I'll buy a handheld.)

  4. Re: Problem Moving Calendar Events

    Murphy's Law Update:
    Soon after my last email the desktop software started doing this to me
    again, but this time it required a full reboot to fix. Not much on the
    web to help, so after a little trial & error:

    - It should work for weeks other than the one you're in.

    - It should also work if you change when your week begins (Sunday vs.
    Monday). Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Week Begins. For my case it was
    giving me problems with the week starting on Sunday... Works fine w/
    Monday.

    caine@austin.rr.com wrote:
    > I've run into this a couple times on different computers with different
    > versions of Palm Desktop. Don't know the cause, but restarting the
    > Desktop software has always fixed it for me...
    >

    > Jim wrote:
    >> I have Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for my Windows XP Home Edition
    >> desktop. When I am in the weekly view of the calendar and try to move
    >> an event from one day to another, the event will not go to the
    >> designated day. Instead, it goes to the day BEFORE the day I want it
    >> to go to. However, when I type in a new event, it stays on the day I
    >> type it into. Anybody know why and how I can fix it? Thanks. (I
    >> don't yet have a Palm handheld device, because I want to see how I like
    >> the Palm Desktop calendar, then I'll buy a handheld.)

  5. Re: Problem Moving Calendar Events

    caine@austin.rr.com wrote:
    > Murphy's Law Update:
    > Soon after my last email the desktop software started doing this to me
    > again, but this time it required a full reboot to fix. Not much on the
    > web to help, so after a little trial & error:
    >
    > - It should work for weeks other than the one you're in.
    >
    > - It should also work if you change when your week begins (Sunday vs.
    > Monday). Go to Tools -> Preferences -> Week Begins. For my case it was
    > giving me problems with the week starting on Sunday... Works fine w/
    > Monday.

    Hey, you're right! It works. Many thanks.

+ Reply to Thread