Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events - Palmtop ; I keep my calendar entirely on my Palm machine (Treo). That is, I don't create events on my computer and HotSync them into my Palm. I therefore find that, if I delete or move an event on my Palm, the ...

  1. Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events

    I keep my calendar entirely on my Palm machine (Treo). That is, I don't
    create events on my computer and HotSync them into my Palm. I therefore
    find that, if I delete or move an event on my Palm, the next time I
    HotSync, I have a duplicate of that event, at the original time,
    HotSync'ed into it from my computer.

    How do I avoid that?

    Is there a way to tell HotSync to only sync appointments from Palm to
    computer and not the reverse (but still HotSync everything else both
    directions)?

    Is there an easy way to delete all appointments on the computer before I
    HotSync? If so, will it conclude that those appointments need to be
    deleted from the Palm calendar?

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get

  2. Re: Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events

    On 2006-04-05, Gary Morrison wrote:
    > Is there a way to tell HotSync to only sync appointments from Palm to
    > computer and not the reverse (but still HotSync everything else both
    > directions)?

    Yup, look at the HotSync config; there are setting for various conduits
    like "handheld overwrites desktop" and vice versa.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    "The tao is in all programming languages, but try to avoid
    using COBOL." - Nicholas M. Moffitt

  3. Re: Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events

    Ray Ingles wrote:

    > Yup, look at the HotSync config; there are setting for various conduits
    > like "handheld overwrites desktop" and vice versa.

    Aha! So that's what those "conduits" are about.

    Thanks for the tip.

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get
    buried in spam.)

  4. Re: Avoiding Duplicate Calendar Events

    Bill Marcum wrote:

    > When you delete an event, uncheck "save archive copy on PC".

    Ah, I'm glad you mentioned that; I've always wondered about that thingie.

    What specifically does that checkbox do? What is an "archive copy"?

    --

    (Preferably reply to the newsgroup, please. If you reply by Email, I
    will sincerely try to receive your message, but it will probably get
    buried in spam.)

+ Reply to Thread